Windows 10: blocked extensions

Discus and support blocked extensions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Santhi Batchu, Dec 19, 2019.

1. blocked extensions

Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most.

Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions.

Thank you.

:)

Santhi Batchu, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 19, 2019
  4. blocked extensions

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

blocked extensions

1. blocked extensions - Similar Threads - blocked extensions

2. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  3. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  4. Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is...: QUESTION: Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is listed as a Default App?I want to open a pdf file.Under System > Apps > Default apps, upon entering ".pdf" into the search box, "Adobe Acrobat Adobe Acrobat Document" is...
  5. Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is...

Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is...: QUESTION: Is Microsoft "blocking" non-Microsoft apps from opening even though the file extension is listed as a Default App?I want to open a pdf file.Under System > Apps > Default apps, upon entering ".pdf" into the search box, "Adobe Acrobat Adobe Acrobat Document" is...
  6. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  7. Ad Blocking Extensions

Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  8. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block a extension in Microsoft ATP and Intune: HI Team,I want to block a particular extension in my Defender ATp console and in intune - Endpoint policies..KhonsariNot able to find the application block in the ATP AND INTUNENeed your support.Regards,Harish...
  10. Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions: If you are unable to enable or disable Edge extensions, the respective button is grayed out, or you see a message Your admin has blocked [extension-name] error message while installing an extension, then this post will help you. These errors appear when someone blocks the...