Windows 10: blocked extensions

Discus and support blocked extensions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Santhi Batchu, Dec 19, 2019.

1. blocked extensions

Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most.

Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions.

Thank you.

:)

Santhi Batchu, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 19, 2019
  4. blocked extensions

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

blocked extensions

1. blocked extensions - Similar Threads - blocked extensions

2. Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?: I want to enable antivirus only in auditing mode so all threats are logged but not blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-antivirus-supports-audit/17a97864-d3c3-4644-9839-fd52decc0e7c
  3. Memory integrity blocked by windows 10 drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Memory integrity blocked by windows 10 drivers: I tried to turn on the memory integrity option and it said that lvbflt64.sys and lvrs64.sys are preventing it from doing so. It said they were from a logitech webcam, I do not have a logitech webcam. I typed "driverquery/v" into an elevated command prompt and found out that...
  4. How to block a specific windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to block a specific windows update?: My PC worked fine. I went away for a few days. I came back and 2 updates applied KB45653351 and KB45653751. My pc now randomly hangs. I get a bing sound, and that's it, everything stops responding. If I try and uninstall either or both of those updates, the re-apply...
  5. upload blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upload blocked: Why do my word say upload block? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-blocked/b9682438-a9b1-45f2-b581-9929ff778352
  6. Forza Horizon 4 - Blocked Feature Fix, Finally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - Blocked Feature Fix, Finally: Hi everyone, The only reason I'm making a new post for this is because the other one I saw was a year old and there was no solution posted. In Forza Horizon 4, when I try to, for example, view other players' liveries, I get the message "This feature is blocked per your Xbox...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 - Blocked Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - Blocked Feature: Hi everyone, The only reason I'm making a new post for this is because the other one I saw was a year old and there was no solution posted. In Forza Horizon 4, when I try to, for example, view other players' liveries, I get the message "This feature is blocked per your Xbox...
  8. Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work: Hi, I am using group policy editor in Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 to try to block Microsoft Edge from allowing extensions. I went to Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Microsoft Edge, and there disabled Allow Extensions....
  9. Turns out that Edge Chromium will block the Microsoft Rewards extension when installing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turns out that Edge Chromium will block the Microsoft Rewards extension when installing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AzrielK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eyd1ux/turns_out_that_edge_chromium_will_block_the/
  10. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736