Windows 10: blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

Discus and support blocked for my protection when i am the administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using 'reset' this PC I lost bluetooth capability which I had before the reset. The bluetooth adapter had disappeared from device manager.A windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by derbyde7, Apr 2, 2020.

1. derbyde7 Win User

blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

Using 'reset' this PC I lost bluetooth capability which I had before the reset. The bluetooth adapter had disappeared from device manager.A windows adviser gave me a link to download a fix but it won't run. It gets Blocked by an administrator. I am the administrator for this account. Is there anything I can do.

:)

derbyde7, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Lee1603 Win User

App Blocked by administrator

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Lee1603, Apr 2, 2020
  3. sharonVJ Win User
    This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

This App has been blocked for your protection - Windows 10 Professional

New HP Workstation running Windows 10 Professional.

I've installed the Sage Accounts main program OK.

But I need to apply a patch to bring it up to the same version number as on the old PC, otherwise it will not run - data is from a later version of sage and it shuts down.

Getting the 'This App has been blocked for your protection" message.

• I've tried right-clicking the exe file to run as administrator - no joy
    • I've googled various suggestions, non of which seem to apply - perhaps there is difference on W10Pro?

including regedit - couldn't find the file to change.

in file properties there isn't an unblock option

another suggestion to find the 'hidden administrator' account also didn't work

etc etc
    I'm stuck!

The Sage accounts program will not run until I apply this patch.

Location of the patch file: c:/Windows/ProgramData/Sage/SBD Software Updates/Downloaded

Please help

Thank you

sharonVJ, Apr 2, 2020
  4. blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

gpedit "This app has been blocked ro your protection" An administrator has blocked you from running this app.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are these devices connected to domain network?
    2. Which build of Windows 10 are you running on your system currently?
    3. When do you get this error?
    4. Have you logged in as an administrator on the device?

You can refer this article to Check
    for operating system information in Windows 10

Sometimes this error occurs possibly due to the SmartScreen protection in Windows 10 which is enabled by default. By enabling built-in Administrator account and Logging into it will disable it. If you have already logged in
    as an administrator, try the below suggested steps.

1. Right click on the start button and Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Type the command:

net user administrator /active:yes
    3. Press Enter and now close the command prompt Window.
    4. Then click on your user account, then click
      Sign out.
    5. Choose the new created built-in Administrator account to login and check the status of the issue.

Kindly get back to us with the results. However, if the devices are connected to domain network, I suggest you to post your query on
    IT
    TechNet forums
    , for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

1. blocked for my protection when i am the administrator - Similar Threads - blocked protection administrator

2. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  3. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  4. arma 2 setup.exe blocked by administrator, whilst I am still the administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    arma 2 setup.exe blocked by administrator, whilst I am still the administrator.: hello, today I tried installing a game from it's disc, but I cannot install it with out this warning popping up:my system has had no trouble in installing disc games before.I am the only administrator, and my account is a local one....
  5. Says content is blocked for your protection contact administrator when I tried to download...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Says content is blocked for your protection contact administrator when I tried to download...: I just got this laptop and my profile is the one one on the laptop. I tried to download a seek and find game off a cd and wouldn't because it displayed the message. I did search through similar answers and did the command pop thing but game was not on my profile only on...
  6. Windows Firewall Access is blocked by unknown Administrator. - I am the only administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Access is blocked by unknown Administrator. - I am the only administrator...: I was suspecting a trojan on my laptop windows 10 pro that my sister had catched through a stupid pop up when she disabled the adblock in the browser. I was right, and I used multpiple scan tools and did the cleanest scanning i could possibly do, took me hours. i...
  7. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.: somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to be the admin again in chrome. Don't know how to change administrator in Microsoft....
  8. Blocked apps even though I am administrator

Blocked apps even though I am administrator: When I try to open different things such as a Samsung USB driver a window pops up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" I have given myself administrator as well as making a new user and giving that one administrator too but the same thing happens....
  9. I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.: Several weeks after reformatting computer and installing Win10, I cannot install printer drivers from cd; message given: "administrator has blocked you...' from installing this app... "contact administrator". I am the administrator of this computer, in fact I am the owner...
  10. Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator

Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator: every time I try to download software from Samsung I am blocked. Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/blocked-by-administrator-when-trying-to-download/4fd3aa31-38d0-4242-af82-14f44966a1fb"