Windows 10: blocked from app

Discus and support blocked from app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since a Windows 10 update yesterday I am unable to open my QuickBooks app. I received the following message "An administrator has blocked you from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WendySmith-145, Jul 7, 2020.

1. blocked from app

Since a Windows 10 update yesterday I am unable to open my QuickBooks app. I received the following message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." I am the administrator and have not knowingly blocked anything. Can anyone suggest a solution. Thank you. Wendy

:)

WendySmith-145, Jul 7, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jul 7, 2020
  4. blocked from app

Blocked app is still playable, and doesn't look like it's staying blocked on the list

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the child account signed in as a local or a Microsoft user account?

I suggest you to check the Firewall settings on the system.

Steps:-

• Block the app from Recent Activity.
    • Press “Windows Key + X” and select Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
    • Click on “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”.
    • Select Firewall Settings and check the status of the app there.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

blocked from app

1. blocked from app - Similar Threads - blocked app

2. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator: Hello,I see this is already asked before, but I am super stuck on this.I have a PC where windows menu does not work, if I try to press Windows and "I" the message "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator" appears.All the taskbar is stuck, I am not able to run...
  3. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator: Hello,I see this is already asked before, but I am super stuck on this.I have a PC where windows menu does not work, if I try to press Windows and "I" the message "This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator" appears.All the taskbar is stuck, I am not able to run...
  4. This App Has Been Blocked by Your System Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  6. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  7. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

8. Windows Defender Firewall blocking app running inside WSL from making http requests to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking app running inside WSL from making http requests to a...: I'm trying to use Mockmoon to mock an API locally and using an app I made in go to interact with the mock API.When I try to use localhost, only my browser can make requests, but when I change the hostname to my device's API and try to make requests through my app, it gets...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall blocking app running inside WSL from making http requests to a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking app running inside WSL from making http requests to a...: I'm trying to use Mockmoon to mock an API locally and using an app I made in go to interact with the mock API.When I try to use localhost, only my browser can make requests, but when I change the hostname to my device's API and try to make requests through my app, it gets...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall blocking app running inside WSL from making http requests to a...