Windows 10: Blocked from websites because of other users permissions

Discus and support Blocked from websites because of other users permissions in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am on a shared computer. The other users dont know how to log out when they leave for the day, and the computer locks when theyve been inactive for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HIM_Darling, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Blocked from websites because of other users permissions

I am on a shared computer. The other users dont know how to log out when they leave for the day, and the computer locks when theyve been inactive for a bit. The other users have not been given internet access. When I log in and try to visit any website I get a page that says this website is blocked, (example) user: jsmith, url:google(.)com, category: search engines.

Except I am not jsmith, and am logged into with my own account. So far the only fix ive found is to restart the computer to forcibly log out all other users, which solves the problem but is a pain in the butt.

:)

HIM_Darling, Oct 30, 2018
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Blocked from websites because of other users permissions [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Oct 30, 2018
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Blocked from websites because of other users permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Blocked from websites because of other users permissions

1. Blocked from websites because of other users permissions - Similar Threads - Blocked websites users

2. Win 10 and 11 blocked user permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 and 11 blocked user permissions: HelloI have a serious issue with windows, all my files are set to read only I can't install new software or do anything in regards to any files.I have reinstalled windows 10 and 11 multiple times, after all the frustration decided to swap to Linux and try to make a virtual...
  3. Win 10 and 11 blocked user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and 11 blocked user permissions: HelloI have a serious issue with windows, all my files are set to read only I can't install new software or do anything in regards to any files.I have reinstalled windows 10 and 11 multiple times, after all the frustration decided to swap to Linux and try to make a virtual...
  4. blocked from one website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blocked from one website: Does this mean there? blocke[ATTACH]d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-from-one-website/16e918b7-59f8-4989-ae7d-094a3c925e07
  5. Blocking Websites

Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  6. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  7. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  8. Block other users on Windows 10

Block other users on Windows 10: I di not allow other users on my device. Block and delete all data how do I do this? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-other-users-on-windows-10/4f4804e4-5575-451f-b9cb-8df6ca0d820d"
  9. how do I block users from seeing certain websites?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I block users from seeing certain websites?: this would be on a computer that I don't have admin rights too. is their some way to stop a user from accessing certain websites? 126061
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...