Windows 10: Blocked links in email messages and websites

Discus and support Blocked links in email messages and websites in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since a few weeks ago my emails Outlook 2007 and websites Firefox browser do not permit clicking on legitimate links to websites. On some I can use a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by douglas1879, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Blocked links in email messages and websites

Since a few weeks ago my emails Outlook 2007 and websites Firefox browser do not permit clicking on legitimate links to websites. On some I can use a workaround by copying the link then selecting 'Paste and Go' as a browser entry, but not all. In one case the failed workaround was to change a password due to old one being lost, so was important. Fortunately I could use a different approach to regain my old password.

:)

douglas1879, Dec 28, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Blocked links in email messages and websites [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Dec 28, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

I have the document in the etc folder

Blocked links in email messages and websites [​IMG]

It is still a text file. And it does not block the website. I cannot do what you suggested by saving to docs and changing name. But at least its in the folder. Now how to make it work.

copiman, Dec 28, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

Blocked links in email messages and websites

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Blocked links in email messages and websites

1. Blocked links in email messages and websites - Similar Threads - Blocked links email

2. Received messages that my email account will be blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received messages that my email account will be blocked: Hello, I have been using my email regularly and now I am receiving messages saying my account will be blocked if i dont take action but i dont want to open links because im afraid of scams how do i know what messages to trust. There is no reason my email should be suspended...
  3. Help sending email from a "Contact" link at a website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help sending email from a "Contact" link at a website: I use several email programs but this is not about sending email from any of them. I need help at a website which has a "Contact" button but when I click it I get is a blank blue page asking me to "Choose Which Account to Send The Email From" and a box saying "Cancel". I am...
  4. Blocking Websites

Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  5. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  6. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  7. My email link no longer works on my website.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My email link no longer works on my website.: I was updating my website. I noticed that my email link was not working. I get a notice saying the app is not installed or if it is installed, do this, do that, etc? Website has had no issues until recently. Can someone tell me what app is missing?...
  8. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  9. URL / Links in emails blocked

URL / Links in emails blocked: Hi all first post. Probably a daft question, but despite all, im struggling to find an answer. Bought this PC new some months ago and since i believe following an update at some time now any URL or links in emails are blocked from opening. - i dont remember this happening...
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...