Windows 10: Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions

Discus and support Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was trying to put restrictions on my daughter’s phone for YouTube through a parental watching app and somehow I blocked myself from YouTube. I can’t... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StephB96, Feb 3, 2023.

1. StephB96 Win User

Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions

I was trying to put restrictions on my daughter’s phone for YouTube through a parental watching app and somehow I blocked myself from YouTube. I can’t even have access to the page and can’t go to it to make any changes. I don’t know how to undo the parental restrictions. When I try it says Sorry you can’t access YouTube Mobile Web with your account. I’m on my phone doing this btw.

:)

StephB96, Feb 3, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Pakistan Blocks YouTube

It seems that America and the United Kingdom aren't the only countries caught in a sudden desire to become authoritarian. Pakistan is blocking websites that they feel either will pervert their citizens culturally or politically. YouTube recently made the list for both reasons. There's plenty of sketchy X-rated material on the website, and it's cousin, X-tube. However, it's more likely than not that YouTube was blocked in Pakistan due to political footage. To be precise, someone managed to sneak proof of election fraud, in video form, onto YouTube. Pakistan obviously doesn't want anybody to see this, so they bury the video. When it comes bouncing back later, Pakistan got mad and completely blocked out the site.

Source: YouTube Blocked in Pakistan. Why? | ALL THINGS PAKISTAN

zekrahminator, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions

1. Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions - Similar Threads - Blocked YouTube restrictions

2. Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions: I was trying to put restrictions on my daughter’s phone for YouTube through a parental watching app and somehow I blocked myself from YouTube. I can’t even have access to the page and can’t go to it to make any changes. I don’t know how to undo the parental restrictions. When...
  3. Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked out of YouTube from restrictions: I was trying to put restrictions on my daughter’s phone for YouTube through a parental watching app and somehow I blocked myself from YouTube. I can’t even have access to the page and can’t go to it to make any changes. I don’t know how to undo the parental restrictions. When...
  4. Restrict YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  5. Restrict YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  6. YouTube restriction does not work as excepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    YouTube restriction does not work as excepted: Following case: Sites blocked youtube.com Allowed sites youtube.com/watch?v=QfHfY18alUQ My son has access to allowed educational movie on youtube see allowed sites link. After he connects the allowed youtube link he is able to go to any youtube content not only the...
  7. Youtube Restricted mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  8. Block Youtube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block Youtube: Hello, I want to know to block in my computer. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-youtube/a296f13e-24af-4297-ad5c-be5a6ba5c9fa
  9. Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?: First, sorry for my bad English But I installed windows 10 build 10240 and my browser cant watch most videos on youtube cuz restricted mode always on. when I click off and save, it will refresh page and this mode still on. I try with edge, chrome ( firefox has problem with...
  10. Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Youtube's restricted mode: As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All...