Windows 10: Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

Discus and support Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Blocked a range of ports via my Firewall but TCPView says they're still being used to connect to the network. What is causing this and is there a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thelps, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

Blocked a range of ports via my Firewall but TCPView says they're still being used to connect to the network.

What is causing this and is there a way to configure the Firewall to automatically block specific ports regardless of protocol, stateless/stateful nature and other invasive networking technologies that override Firewall settings that have a clear purpose?

Much appreciated.

:)

Thelps, Nov 28, 2017

2. How to properly configure a firewall to work with OVI Suite ?

Thank you SebastianJ?. Does TCPView list witch applications are accessing the internet ? Because my firewall is a software firewall that grants applications and not ports.

Mambobuzzz, Nov 28, 2017
  3. How to properly configure a firewall to work with OVI Suite ?

I don't know exactly which ports are used, but if I were in your place, I would do the following:

1. Disable Firewall

2. Launch TCPView

3. Open NOS and do everything I need to do

4. Open all ports used by NOS

5. Enable firewall

6. Check if everything is working properly

I hope this helps.

Best,

Sebastian.

SebastianJ---01, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

A screen would help, you might be seeing loopback connections.

TairikuOkami, Nov 28, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Blocking ports means nothing from the outside can enter via those ports but if an internal programme opens the ports then they are open to that software

Samuria, Nov 28, 2017
  6. Thelps Win User
    So a program that is set by the access list of the Firewall to 'allowed' overrides specifically blocked ports?

Thelps, Nov 28, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    If you only block ports in then software can open them out you need to block in and out

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

1. Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use. - Similar Threads - Blocked Ports Firewall

2. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  3. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  4. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  5. internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...: Hi I have a problem with my internet access, had this laptop for a couple of months now and it pops up all of a sudden, it has never happened before and I have a couple of assignments to hand up so pls help me if you have any suggestions. My problem persists in saying my...
  6. Windows 10 firewall won't open/blocks a port

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 firewall won't open/blocks a port: I already added a rule to the firewall with the port I want to be open. I added it as both TCP and UDP. It just doesn't work. When I disable windows firewall, the port is open. Why is that? Here's the exact procedure I did. Opened Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced...
  7. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  8. Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?

Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?: The Remote Procedure Call Service in Windows runs on Port 135. By default this port is reported as 'Open' when I portscan the system in question. Is there a way to block this port, despite the fact it supports the Remote Procedure Call essential service? It would be...
  9. Headphones plugged in but, it says that they're not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones plugged in but, it says that they're not.: Suddenly the audio got worse, then it started to come from the laptops speakers. I don't know what happened but after that my headphones haven't been "plugged in" but they have....
  10. Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates: I have a few PC's and they have multiple connections to the internet. These connections appear on each PC as a different network. One of the connections is very expensive and metered, so I don't want Windows updating when the primary connection is down and the secondary only...