Windows 10: Blocked sites are still accessible

Discus and support Blocked sites are still accessible in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to block my kid from being able to search incognito and I have added sites to the blocked list and they are still accessible. Please... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LaTashaBjorkman, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Blocked sites are still accessible

I am trying to block my kid from being able to search incognito and I have added sites to the blocked list and they are still accessible. Please advise. I would take the computer away from him totally, but he needs it for school in this covid environment.

:)

LaTashaBjorkman, Mar 2, 2021

2. Site is blocked

I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop.

After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification.

=====

Block Site

www.facebook.com is blocked!

In order to remove this domain from the block

list, please visit options page.

=====

As is often the case, I follow directions and can't find anything that is referenced.

Can anyone expand on that "visit options page" so I can unblock facebook.com?

I'm using Windows 10 (if that helps)

Richard L Walker, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Need help. Something is blocking sites.

Check hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc). The blocked sites should be listed there.

Drone, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Saidrex Win User

Blocked sites are still accessible

Need help. Something is blocking sites.

already done, nothing there.

Saidrex, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Blocked sites are still accessible

1. Blocked sites are still accessible - Similar Threads - Blocked sites are

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC still connected but cant access sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC still connected but cant access sites: I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says that there are problem with connection. Restarting the laptop and router didn't work at the same time I dont have issue in my...
  6. PC still connected but cant access sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC still connected but cant access sites: I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says that there are problem with connection. Restarting the laptop and router didn't work at the same time I dont have issue in my...
  7. PC still connected but cant access sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites: Have just got a new HP Notebook. I want to use a VPN but Windows won't let me access their site or those of any 3rd party download sites, saying 'This site can't be reached'. There's nothing amiss at the VPN site's end as I can access it fine on another PC. The Notebook came...
  9. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  10. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...