Windows 10: Blocking access to windows settings for child

Discus and support Blocking access to windows settings for child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’m a mac user so Windows is beyond confusing to me. We have a Windows 10 laptop that my son uses. He fiddles so i would like to lock down the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TrustyBobcat109, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Blocking access to windows settings for child

I’m a mac user so Windows is beyond confusing to me.

We have a Windows 10 laptop that my son uses. He fiddles so i would like to lock down the settings so they don’t get out of whack. Is there a way to do this from my admin account? Every time i search for this I end up with settings for child time restrictions. We have those set and I’ve never found what I need within those. Please let me know if I’m missing something. Thanks!

:)

TrustyBobcat109, Sep 17, 2019
  2. dciarmoli Win User

Remove Setting access on child's account

No, that didn't help.

it doesn't specifically state or explain how to block access to Settings on the child's account

other suggestions?

dciarmoli, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Blocking access to windows settings for child

Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Blocking access to windows settings for child

1. Blocking access to windows settings for child - Similar Threads - Blocking access settings

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  5. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  6. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Family Settings Blocking My Access

Family Settings Blocking My Access: So I updated my Windows OS, and when I finished reactivating I had to swap motherboards, I was unable to open Google Chrome without "family permission." I have already left my family group, of which I never even met the person that I was in it with. Yet it still tells me that...
  8. Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child

Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child: Good day, i allowed Chrome to be used for my kid when he requested for it. How do i add it back to blocked list. There doesn't seem to be a way to do so. I checked in the help sites and it only shows how to remove a blocked browser....
  9. Access blocked for certain settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access blocked for certain settings: Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software. While I don't have any antivirus installed, I attempted to go to "Virus and Threat Protection" settings in my computer. I am...
  10. block access to Windows settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block access to Windows settings: I have a few computers connected by corporate network. And I need to block users access to the Windows settings and control panel. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-access-to-windows-settings/1a0c003b-028e-40df-a0ad-11e1525ac1a7"