Windows 10: Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10

Discus and support Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lisa905, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Lisa905 Win User

Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10

I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones.

:)

Lisa905, Mar 21, 2019

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 21, 2019
  3. t_ski Win User
    $.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 :(

t_ski, Mar 21, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blocking Game App

2. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store: Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my...
  3. Blocking Apps from downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking Apps from downloading: Hello, I am a manager at a hotel. And one of my employees keeps downloading apps onto the computer, and playing them instead of doing her job! How do i block said application, so she can no longer download it?...
  4. Downloading free app

Downloading free app: My Snip and Sketch app stopped working on my Windows 10 ver1903. I followed instructions that said to uninstall and reinstall. When I went to the Windows app store and added the app to my cart it won't install on my device. Even though I signed into my Microsoft account and I...
  5. Microsoft 10 Pro is blocking app downloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft 10 Pro is blocking app downloads: I am prevented from downloading apps which are not Microsoft verified. There are apps I must download. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-pro-is-blocking-app-downloads/dc779ae2-fc68-4223-accd-8c39d5dbcd29"
  6. blocked download app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked download app.: Hello all, I'm trying to update my Cyberlink power director 10 for windows 10, when I try to run it screen says in RED this app has been blocked 4 u're protection. under that it says "an administrator ( me?) has blocked U from running this app 4 more information contact...
  7. windows 10 blocking all downloads via all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 blocking all downloads via all browsers: I have an issue where all file downloads are being blocked during the "running security scan" phase. This happens via Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge, even with no Antivirus installed and windows firewall disabled. I have followed the available articles and nothing works. I...
  8. free games and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free games and apps: I am new to playing games and only choose the "Free" ones to play but when I am playing the "Free" games they have popups that ask me to "Buy" items to continue playing the "Free" games. Is there a way to get rid of this option? I am recovering from cancer surgery and just...
  9. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?: Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running. Won't let me download it. Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded. Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it....
  10. Can I block all game and app downloads

Can I block all game and app downloads: I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blocking free purchases