Windows 10: Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10

Discus and support Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lisa905, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Lisa905 Win User

Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10

I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones.

:)

Lisa905, Mar 21, 2019

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 21, 2019
  3. t_ski Win User
    $.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 :(

t_ski, Mar 21, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Blocking All Game/App Downloads (inc Free) on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blocking Game App

2. free games and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free games and apps: I am new to playing games and only choose the "Free" ones to play but when I am playing the "Free" games they have popups that ask me to "Buy" items to continue playing the "Free" games. Is there a way to get rid of this option? I am recovering from cancer surgery and just...
  3. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?: Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running. Won't let me download it. Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded. Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it....
  4. Can I block all game and app downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I block all game and app downloads: I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones....
  5. free windows 10 download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free windows 10 download: im wanting a free windows 10 download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-download/b0b63f47-4f85-4a48-ab7a-4c789b3b7021
  6. Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games": How do I add an application to "Blocked Apps and Games" on my child's profile. I want to be able to block Fortnite when I feel that he's had enough. Please help!...
  7. Malware downloaded with Free Music App

Malware downloaded with Free Music App: This free Music app I downloaded came with lots of add on's including advertising. My computer slowed down to a snails pace due to being bombarded with adverts, shortly after my first use I uninstalled all the programmes associated with this app. Unfortunately the adverts...
  8. Malware downloaded with Free Music App

Malware downloaded with Free Music App: This free Music app I downloaded came with lots of add on's including advertising. My computer slowed down to a snails pace due to being bombarded with adverts, shortly after my first use I uninstalled all the programmes associated with this app. Unfortunately the adverts...
  9. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...
  10. windows 10 free download?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 free download?: so 2 days ago was the scheduled day for the windows 10 free upgrade. I was on vacation and didn't get to my laptop that day. So I come back the next day and my windows 8.1 computer keeps freezing and freezing and FREEZING . I then decide to reset it to factory settings and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 blocking free purchases