Windows 10: Blocking App Access

Discus and support Blocking App Access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Firefox. Got the email and allowed but no change and still cannot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChrisFrench5, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Blocking App Access

Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Firefox. Got the email and allowed but no change and still cannot access Firefox. What now?

:)

ChrisFrench5, Dec 29, 2019

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 29, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Dec 29, 2019
  4. AMX& Win User

Blocking App Access

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Blocking App Access

1. Blocking App Access - Similar Threads - Blocking App Access

2. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  3. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  4. Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?: Hello! Question for using the Microsoft Family Safety features - How can I block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time? Issue - My kids are currently doing online schooling; at some classes, I have noticed that they were playing games or were using other...
  5. Block apps from accessing internet by default...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block apps from accessing internet by default...: Good day guys, I have decided to use my computer with Windows Defender as the security solution. I would like to keep my system as lean and lightweight, as is possible. But Windows Firewall is little complicated. And given that I am from a non-technical background, I don't...
  6. If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?: https://i.imgur.com/tflADmk.png I use the Windows Defender Firewall (shown above) to block a password manager from accessing the Internet via Inbound/Outbound Rules. Not because it's some shady manager, but because of extra security precaution. If I block an app's...
  7. Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe

Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe: Hi, hope someone can help with this please. I am getting the message seen in subject title multiple times a day, can be as much as 30 or 40 times. Have seen previous threads and replies, with some suggesting turning off protected folder restriction etc. Not sure that is the...
  8. BLOCKED ACCESS

BLOCKED ACCESS: Hello, Please, I have a question and of course I am waiting a right answer if is possible to fix this impediment. I try ON LINE to fill out an Application and when I press " Apply Now" then appears these words.........This page can not be reached............. My...
  9. Internet access blocked

Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  10. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...