Windows 10: Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN)

Discus and support Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm wondering if there is any way to block the opening/starting of an app unless a VPN is active? I use NordVPN, with their client but can configure it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ns1852s, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN)

I'm wondering if there is any way to block the opening/starting of an app unless a VPN is active? I use NordVPN, with their client but can configure it through the Windows VPN configuration page if needed.

Is this even possible? I do have kill switch enabled for the program but that's only half of the solution.

submitted by /u/ns1852s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ns1852s, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Drone69 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

I use Nordvpn. You can connect 6 devices. You can choose servers by country or by a list of each server in each country, use UDP or HTTP, PPtP, L2TP. Double VPN, TOR via VPN. There`s are apps for android and iphones as well as DNS leak protection.

Drone69, Nov 16, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN) :D

P4-630, Nov 16, 2020
  4. hajen Win User

Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN)

NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

NordVPN logs your data but if you are aware of this or don't care then all is good: Anyways, I have the same issue but with a different VPN and without a "CyberSec"-feature. When I'm connected to the VPN it completely blocks my access to Office 365 and all Office applications.

Have you solved this OP?

hajen, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN)

1. Blocking app startup unless VPN is active (NordVPN) - Similar Threads - Blocking app startup

2. VPN: ExpressVPN vs. NordVPN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN: ExpressVPN vs. NordVPN?: I can avoid the need for a VPN for our personal use no longer. I've narrowed the candidates down to the referenced two and I'm leaning toward ExpressVPN largely due to their #1 rank amongst decent reviewers. Since I know next to nothing on the subject, I'm asking you all for...
  3. VPN / Blocked bypass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN / Blocked bypass: So basically I bought GeForce now to play on my school pc which as you could imagine has restrictions. I play GeForce now via chrome browser because i cannot download it’s actual software because of the admin pop up to download it (when u download stuff and says install file...
  4. Startup script VPN and Wireless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup script VPN and Wireless: I'm trying to deply a script using GPO, I've three different scenarios: * Workstations wired connected in the office: It works perfectly. * Workstations wireless connected in the office: I doesn't work. * Workstations at home connected using a VPN: I doesn't work. GPO...
  5. Internet throttled unless using VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet throttled unless using VPN: On this specific PC my internet download speed is throttled to 9 mpbs unless I am connected to my VPN. Other PCs and phone, tablet have no problems, they run at up to 60 mbps. I have connected with a hard line to the router but no help. I just switched to this service...
  6. Having problems with NordVPN and recommendation for Windows 10 VPN

Having problems with NordVPN and recommendation for Windows 10 VPN: Hi I purchased NordVPN for use on my Windows 10 laptop. I have two accounts on the laptop. My own "Home" user account and my "Work" user account. I wanted to set up NordVPN so that it auto connects if I log in at home but is optional if I use my work account. Unfortunately...
  7. Computer WONT recognize devices within network UNLESS VPN is activated

Computer WONT recognize devices within network UNLESS VPN is activated: Problem: My computer won't recognize or connect to my printer, Xbox One, or any other devices in my network under any circumstances no matter what I do, UNLESS I connect it to a VPN app NordVPN. I've been fighting with this thing for years. HOW do I fix it? A little...
  8. VPN : I'm hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark, need help !

VPN : I'm hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark, need help !: Hello everyone, I've been looking for a VPN over the last few days and I'm really hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark. Both seem to be great VPN providers but their low prices scares me a little to be honest. Has anyone tried them both and could share his thought on...
  9. VPN : I'm hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark, need help !

VPN : I'm hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark, need help !: Hello everyone, I've been looking for a VPN over the last few days and I'm really hesitating between NordVPN and Surfshark. Both seem to be great VPN providers but their low prices scares me a little to be honest. Has anyone tried them both and could share his thought on...
  10. NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave

in Microsoft Office and 365
    NordVPN Blocking Excel's Autosave: This issue I've only noticed in the last day or so. If I switch CyberSec on, the 'Internet' icon in the system tray changes from the normal one to a globe which says no internet connection...although everything internet-wise functions perfectly except Excel's Autosave and...