Windows 10: blocking apps and games during school hours

Discus and support blocking apps and games during school hours in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by phumigator, May 13, 2020.

1. blocking apps and games during school hours

During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I thought the microsoft family link would help but can't seem to be able to block a game etc. Minecraft from 8:30-3:30.

He logs into his laptop with his microsoft account but I can't from the family link how to actually block that game from being played. Doing a search of the community forum this question has been asked many times preCOVID19 for over 4 years at least and so far have not found out if there is a solution. Anyone out there figured if this can be done or if I need to find a 3rd party software?

:)

phumigator, May 13, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 13, 2020
  3. AdamM72 Win User
    Microsoft Family restrictions that apply only out of school hours

I have several children who use their computers for both school work (at school), and home gaming, watching youtube/netflix.

We want to restrict their home computer time without restricting their school time or access.

They are at school up to 8 hours on weekdays, and we give them 2 hours at home. The issue we are finding is either:

1) They only get 2 hours per day total, which blocks their school work, or

2) They get 10 hours per day but if they don't use the computer at school during the day then their home time is not limited to 2 hours

Has anyone got thoughts on how to do this?

AdamM72, May 13, 2020
  4. blocking apps and games during school hours

Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

blocking apps and games during school hours

1. blocking apps and games during school hours - Similar Threads - blocking apps games

2. Blocked App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked App: I have MYOB app installed on my computer, and has been for the last 12 months. Today,"an administrator has blocked me from running this app". For more information, contact the administrator. MYOB.exe PLEASE NOTE, I wasn't trying to install it, it has been installed for...
  3. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  4. Can I block all game and app downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I block all game and app downloads: I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones....
  5. All microsoft services blocked on school wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All microsoft services blocked on school wifi: All Microsoft services, except on the web, are blocked on my school's wifi connection. This includes OneDrive, Microsoft Account stuff, and even windows update. This is keeping my computer from getting the latest updates. I have to wait until I go home to install the updates....
  6. Lag during Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag during Games: Hi i have a fps issue during my games such as fifa18, GTA V, AC Origin and ... as you can see in the picture my 3d gpu and disk usage maxed at 100% and cpu usage drops a little and in this moment i have lags in the game can anyone say what could be the reason? thanks in...
  7. BSOD during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  8. Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games": How do I add an application to "Blocked Apps and Games" on my child's profile. I want to be able to block Fortnite when I feel that he's had enough. Please help!...
  9. blocked apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked apps: I have downloaded the Kodi Open Source Entertainment App, then I see a pop up saying Microsoft has blocked some content. I have taken the necessary steps to protect my computer from threats. My question is: When did Microsoft begin to tell consumers what apps they are...
  10. Cumulative update during business hours?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative update during business hours?: My PC (win 10 pro, 64bit) started a cumulative update at about 9am this morning and it's still cranking. Is it really necessary to do that during business hours despite my business hours setup is from 8am to 8pm? I remember, before the anniversary update, the updates...