Windows 10: blocking apps and games during school hours

Discus and support blocking apps and games during school hours in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by phumigator, May 13, 2020.

1. blocking apps and games during school hours

During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I thought the microsoft family link would help but can't seem to be able to block a game etc. Minecraft from 8:30-3:30.

He logs into his laptop with his microsoft account but I can't from the family link how to actually block that game from being played. Doing a search of the community forum this question has been asked many times preCOVID19 for over 4 years at least and so far have not found out if there is a solution. Anyone out there figured if this can be done or if I need to find a 3rd party software?

:)

phumigator, May 13, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 13, 2020
  3. AdamM72 Win User
    Microsoft Family restrictions that apply only out of school hours

I have several children who use their computers for both school work (at school), and home gaming, watching youtube/netflix.

We want to restrict their home computer time without restricting their school time or access.

They are at school up to 8 hours on weekdays, and we give them 2 hours at home. The issue we are finding is either:

1) They only get 2 hours per day total, which blocks their school work, or

2) They get 10 hours per day but if they don't use the computer at school during the day then their home time is not limited to 2 hours

Has anyone got thoughts on how to do this?

AdamM72, May 13, 2020
  4. blocking apps and games during school hours

Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

blocking apps and games during school hours

1. blocking apps and games during school hours - Similar Threads - blocking apps games

2. Microsoft store blocked by school.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store blocked by school.: So i want to get photos so i can actually view my gifs and stuff, but it's blocked by my school. Any alternatives that wont get me hacked?by the way, i can't use the website version. it has to use the app which is, blocked!! yippee.. Also can't report the problem. this...
  3. Microsoft store blocked by school.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store blocked by school.: So i want to get photos so i can actually view my gifs and stuff, but it's blocked by my school. Any alternatives that wont get me hacked?by the way, i can't use the website version. it has to use the app which is, blocked!! yippee.. Also can't report the problem. this...
  4. Microsoft store blocked by school.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unlimited screen time during school hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlimited screen time during school hours: I've setup "screen time" usage for my daughter's laptop - am familiar with multiple schedules within days and the like. I am looking to discover a solution for configuring screen time restrictions to only apply outside of school hours as she uses her laptop at school....
  6. How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?: I don't see it on the list of apps, so the only thing I can do is block the URL. I don't mind her being on it after school, but it is an issue to be on while she's remote learning. How can I block it between 8am and 3pm?...
  7. How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

How to I set screen time to not count during school hours: My kids are part of a bring your own device program at school. I would like to set between 8:30 and 2:30 to not count toward their daily screen time limit and never lock their screen. How to i allow list these hours?...
  8. App time limits - need to block during the day

App time limits - need to block during the day: Trying to use the familt safety features to block some apps games during the school day say 730am-230pm and allow other apps. How is this not yet available during all this remote learning? All you need to do is let me add multiple allowable times per app instead of just one...
  9. Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day: Good Day, I would like to configure my children's laptop, Windows 10, to only allow Zoom to access the internet during the hours of 8am and 4pm. Is this possible? The kids use Zoom for their remote classes, but I want to make sure they are not surfing the web during...
  10. Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games"

Adding an app to "Blocked Apps and Games": How do I add an application to "Blocked Apps and Games" on my child's profile. I want to be able to block Fortnite when I feel that he's had enough. Please help!...