Windows 10: Blocking Apps from downloading

Discus and support Blocking Apps from downloading in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am a manager at a hotel. And one of my employees keeps downloading apps onto the computer, and playing them instead of doing her job! How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manager101, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Blocking Apps from downloading

Hello, I am a manager at a hotel.
    And one of my employees keeps downloading apps onto the computer, and playing them instead of doing her job!
    How do i block said application, so she can no longer download it?

:)

Manager101, Jan 16, 2021

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 16, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 16, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blocking Apps from downloading

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Blocking Apps from downloading

1. Blocking Apps from downloading - Similar Threads - Blocking Apps downloading

2. Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?: HelloI am trying to download an app .exe file from google, but a window pops up saying that it´s not an app that has been confirmed by Microsoft. There´s a button to go download apps from Microsoft Store and a button to change the recommended app settings, but when I click...
  3. Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?: HelloI am trying to download an app .exe file from google, but a window pops up saying that it´s not an app that has been confirmed by Microsoft. There´s a button to go download apps from Microsoft Store and a button to change the recommended app settings, but when I click...
  4. I can't block an app from automatically downloading files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't block an app from automatically downloading files: I get a notification from an app that is automatically downloading files from OneDrive. I click on Cancel download > Block app option to prevent the app from downloading online-only files again in the future, but it doesn't work. When I open the app again, it starts...
  5. I can't block an app from automatically downloading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't block an app from automatically downloading files: I get a notification from an app that is automatically downloading files from OneDrive. I click on Cancel download > Block app option to prevent the app from downloading online-only files again in the future, but it doesn't work. When I open the app again, it starts...
  6. I can't block an app from automatically downloading files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. App Blocked by administrator from downloading

App Blocked by administrator from downloading: When i want to install WinRar on my PC it says: This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. winrar-x64-591.exe Publisher: Unknown File Origin: Hard drive on...
  8. blocked from app

in Windows 10 Customization
    blocked from app: Since a Windows 10 update yesterday I am unable to open my QuickBooks app. I received the following message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." I am the administrator and have not knowingly blocked...
  9. blocked download app.

blocked download app.: Hello all, I'm trying to update my Cyberlink power director 10 for windows 10, when I try to run it screen says in RED this app has been blocked 4 u're protection. under that it says "an administrator ( me?) has blocked U from running this app 4 more information contact...
  10. OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand: Hello To save space on laptop I use Files on Demand feature in OneDrive. But every time as I am running some other app, like backup software or some photoediting software like ACDSee, file what are on OneDrive cloud get downloaded. To stop this I try to block the app to...