Windows 10: Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

Discus and support Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndyChan1005, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not work at all. I still can install extension in the browser. Any method to block the installation?

While I fail to block the installation, I try to block the extension website in the family safety. However, I enter content restriction under web browsing. I can only find "always allowed" but cannot find "always blocked". Therefore, I cannot input the website that I want to block. How to do it?

Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website 98e6b190-a0cd-4fd0-af1c-748ca4ee75b1?upload=true.png

Regards,

Andy Chan

:)

AndyChan1005, Mar 22, 2021
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to Block Websites

It should work as long as it is named just HOSTS without any file extension (and assuming you have written it correctly). Open a Command prompt and type the command:

dir c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts*.*

Your file should be shown as HOSTS with no extension. I suspect you'll find it still has an extension, .txt perhaps.

4. copiman Win User

Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

1. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website - Similar Threads - Blocking Edge extension

2. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self: For example I do not want Http:www.Facebook.com BlockedBut I do want let’s say for example https://m.facebook.com/100064595687782/Blocked Oh and by a password so someone isn’t able to just undue itHow could I do this?????!!!!!...
  3. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  4. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  5. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  7. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  8. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  9. blocked extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked extensions: Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions. Thank you....
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...