Windows 10: Blocking Edge with AppLocker

Discus and support Blocking Edge with AppLocker in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules? I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by xy677, May 5, 2017.

1. xy677 Win User

Blocking Edge with AppLocker

Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules?

I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running.

If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work?

:)

xy677, May 5, 2017

2. Start menu/ms-settings not working Windows 10

Each attempt to reinstall a package says it was blocked by AppLocker. Try disabling that, then run the command again and re-enable AppLocker.

Gamefish_nl, May 5, 2017
  3. msoukup Win User
    AppLocker on Windows 10 Ent. 1703 Not Working

I am trying to use AppLocker through the Local Security Policy (Not on a domain) on a Windows 10 Enterprise 1703. I have created the AppLocker Policy, set to Audit only for testing. I added the default Executable rules (other rules not enabled) and then
    a block rule for "D:\*" (USB drive).

Nothing is logged in the AppLocker Event Viewer logs. If I start the Application Identity service, everything starts being blocked. I see the blocking events in the Event Viewer for any application in any location being blocked. Even though it is in Audit
    only mode. If I stop the Application Identity service it will stop. But, the next time I try to open an application it blocks it and the service is running again. I have to reboot the get the service to stop. Even if I remove the block rule everything still
    gets blocked as long as the Application Identity service has been started.

I have also tried to set the Application Identity service to startup to Automatic. This just caused windows to crash constantly since all applications are being blocked.

AppLocker is allowing everything or blocking everything (for all users standard and admin), depending on if the Application Identity service was manually started.

msoukup, May 5, 2017
Thema:

Blocking Edge with AppLocker

1. Blocking Edge with AppLocker - Similar Threads - Blocking Edge AppLocker

2. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  3. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  4. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppLocker blocking Windows Settings: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an...
  6. AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention: Dear all. we successfully configured and implemented applocker for all domain users. But on some computers we observed some ps1 script tried to run but blocked by applocker. could you please tell me what kind of script are they?...
  7. Applocker

Applocker: Hi all, I disable access to IE using applocker but now its blocking all exe files on the system There is solution for this? Thanks 152683
  8. Block a DLL with Applocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block a DLL with Applocker: Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#. [ATTACH] I followed the...
  9. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...
  10. Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run: OS: Win10Pro Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables Applocker rules: set to enforcing Service: AppIDSvc is running I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blocking edge with sapp locker

2. edge sperren applocker

3. Applocker locks edge

4. edge blocked by applocker,
  5. applocker edge,
  6. block edge using app locker,
  7. adding edge to applocker,
  8. block edge applocker,
  9. applocker block edge,
  10. does applocker IE policy prevent edge