Windows 10: Blocking Inappropriate Sites

Discus and support Blocking Inappropriate Sites in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We are trying to set parental controls for web browsing, but it is not working at all. If I choose "Block Inappropriate websites" and then go to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChristineBell3, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Blocking Inappropriate Sites

We are trying to set parental controls for web browsing, but it is not working at all. If I choose "Block Inappropriate websites" and then go to my child's account and type "sex" in the Edge browser, it allows me to go to all KINDS of inappropriate sites.

What does work if I say to block all sites except for the few that I select, but that isn't what I want. Can you tell me how to get the filter to work - or is it just not effective?

Thanks,

C

:)

ChristineBell3, Jan 19, 2021
  2. DRD1957 Win User

Blocking Inappropriate Websites

I checked the box to block inappropriate websites for my daughter's user account and then when I opened Edge in her account I saw a number of inappropriate articles. The entertainment section alone had a number of inappropriate articles. Is it possible
    to block the Edge news articles as well?

DRD1957, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Domestic1 Win User
    Block Web sites Windows 10 - IE 11

As to the Link:

Using Content Advisor to help block inappropriate web content

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...sor-block-inappropriate-content#1TC=windows-7

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

To block or allow specific websites

If there are specific websites that you want to explicitly block or allow, follow these steps. This setting overrides any ratings the site may have.

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button
      Blocking Inappropriate Sites [​IMG]
      . In the search box, type
      Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Content tab, and then, under Content Advisor, click
      Settings.
      Blocking Inappropriate Sites [​IMG]
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• In the Supervisor Password Required dialog box, type your password, and then click
      OK.

• Click the Approved Sites tab.

• Under Allow this website, type the URL for the site you want to allow or block, and then select
      Always or Never to allow or block the website.

There is no "Content Advisor" tab.
    Blocking Inappropriate Sites 4362d7a1-f0c6-4f42-8621-be310f758680.png

Domestic1, Jan 19, 2021
  4. NP1977 Win User

Blocking Inappropriate Sites

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

Hello,

I created new microsoft account and created a child account under family, paid 0.50 and its verified and child account has been created successfully.

I have windows 10 laptop. Added microsoft account info under accounts.

Now I want to block all\any the adult stuffs\search while using internet when child logs in to Windows using that account.

Under family, content restriction, I enabled "Block inappropriate websites" option and also enabled option "Block inappropriate apps, games & media" and set child
    age as 10 under that option.

Then to check, I logged off from my windows account and logged in back to windows using child account email and password.

Then I opened chrome and searched for adult sites, google search everything, then I tried going to any site and I was able to go to any of such site. I want to even restrict search of such things.

My question is, even though I have "Block inappropriate websites" ON, why is it not blocking anything and why child user is able to search or see anything on browser ?

Thanks in advance

NP1977, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Blocking Inappropriate Sites

1. Blocking Inappropriate Sites - Similar Threads - Blocking Inappropriate Sites

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Block inappropriate websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Block inappropriate websites: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop for my daughter to help with home schooling during the Corona virus lock down. I specifically picked a new Windows 10 S Mode model for the safety and security. I spent a considerable amount of time setting up family users with ages etc, so...
  6. block inappropriate stuff from child computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block inappropriate stuff from child computer: how can i make my kids account safe child computer. the navagate the internet but nothing is block even thought its an child account. I need help...
  7. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: I asked this question and got no solution yet. Can someone from microsoft support please help me with this. Here is the post of my original post, as its locked now, not able to reply there so writing new question here....
  8. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: Hello, I created new microsoft account and created a child account under family, paid 0.50 and its verified and child account has been created successfully. I have windows 10 laptop. Added microsoft account info under accounts. Now I want to block all\any the adult...
  9. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  10. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...