Windows 10: Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data

Discus and support Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I install a pro version of windows 10 on my office PC, which is used by other 3 members as we are working 24/7 round shift rule, we all are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ahmed_Ayman_Ezz, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data

I install a pro version of windows 10 on my office PC, which is used by other 3 members as we are working 24/7 round shift rule, we all are administrators in order not to put restrictions on any one using the PC, but i suffer from a problem, all my data including my one-drive files could be accessed by them as i logged in using my Microsoft account, is there any way to keep my files safe.

:)

Ahmed_Ayman_Ezz, Apr 3, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data

1. Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data - Similar Threads - Blocking admins accessing

2. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  3. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  4. Separation of personal data from business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separation of personal data from business: I have microsoft 365. I use it for my personal computers at home, and also on the computers at the office. I want to keep the data separate. I don't want employees seeing my personal files. Onedrive keeps all the data synced. I want my computers at home synced. And I want the...
  5. Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts: Hi, Why is it that when I log off from my account and log into the Administrator's account, I can still access my own data. As far as I can recall, I have never given the Admin account permission to access mine. Is this normal? Matt 170394
  6. A new website blocking access to my personal banking website

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A new website blocking access to my personal banking website: Suddenly I am no longer able to access my banking info at their approved website. It was saying something about the security certificate not matching? Now I am getting a blocked message from Neustar, eps-ncr-90.com. Don't know where that is coming from or how it started....
  7. Blocked access to personal vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked access to personal vault: I am showing a red arrow for the status of my personal vault. I use the authenticator to access and error code is 0x800706d9. This has happened to me before and I had a MS tech support person re-install the shortcut. Now I think I need to do it myself. I only have 1 file in...
  8. Admin store blocked access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin store blocked access: here’s hoping this in the correct forum. Ah well here goes: Currently using Windows10 but have a problem Disk Management will not run - I get a message "An Administrator has block access...etc". So far have tried a number of Internet suggested solutions: Disable Smart...
  9. Saving My Personal Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving My Personal Data: When my computer dies or shuts down, it wipes everything. This is a new occurrence that's happened within the past three days; I've had my computer for 3-4 years now. My computer shut down on it's own two days ago, and when I turned it back on it had set me back to default...
  10. System blocking admin user from updating Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System blocking admin user from updating Controlled Folder Access: On a Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC, which I purchased directly from HP and which only I have access to, I wanted to turn on Controlled Folder Access and then customize the list of folders. I logged into the Admin user, and went into Windows Security settings. When I clicked on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Blocking other admins from accessing my personal data