Windows 10: blocking powershell.exe?

Discus and support blocking powershell.exe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why am i constantly getting messages about blocking powershell.exe? how do I stop this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sam 1973, May 13, 2019.

1. Sam 1973 Win User

blocking powershell.exe?

why am i constantly getting messages about blocking powershell.exe? how do I stop this?

:)

Sam 1973, May 13, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 13, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 13, 2019
  4. shmu26 Win User

blocking powershell.exe?

how to disable powershell

it seems that there are ways around this simple form of blocking
    PowerShell - One Tool to Rule Them All
    but with Process Lasso, you can automatically terminate any powershell process or script interpreter.
    under the options menu you have "configure disallowed processes", and and after adding your list of processes, you should put a tick in "match wildcards"

shmu26, May 13, 2019
Thema:

blocking powershell.exe?

1. blocking powershell.exe? - Similar Threads - blocking powershell exe

2. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  3. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  4. How to block an application or EXE to open any URL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block an application or EXE to open any URL: Hey,I am having an issue using a program. I cant show the name of that. But Whenever I close that program it sends an open link request to my default browser. I want to stop that from happening. Please give some idea of how to stop an app to send open link requests. If there...
  5. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  6. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  7. Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142: I cannot install any Microsoft office in my pc. I might uninstall some apps that cannot be, so can you help me how to recover my uninstall apps. thank you...
  8. Trend Micro Blocking Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trend Micro Blocking Powershell: I have trend Micro installed . I am getting this message. Should I unblock it so that it would install? [ATTACH] [Original Title: Powershell] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trend-micro-blocking-powershell/3918a820-cfd3-492f-b753-840da82ef030
  9. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  10. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is microsoft powershell.exe blocked by antivirus program

2. blocking groove.exe from powershell

3. why would powershell.exe be blocked by my security software

4. group policy to block powershell.exe win 10