Windows 10: blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

Discus and support blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 2 processes, which are completely pointless: 1. gamebar presence writer 2. setting sync host Both i don't need, but they run anyways on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, Oct 29, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

I have 2 processes, which are completely pointless:
    1. gamebar presence writer
    2. setting sync host

Both i don't need, but they run anyways on the background. I can block them using blocking program, but there is problem it need start with admin rights, which is problematic and annoying to make it working.

And second i don't know if it is good idea to block process from running, even in this case, this is not some essential system process. Windows may use it for something else, so something could stop working, or some problems may occur, who knows...
    I was trying to google about disabling these processes and didn't find anything relevant. Can i disable these two processes safely ? By editing file and renaming it ? In case of gamedvr, i have it already disabled and this process still running...

:)

empleat, Oct 29, 2019

2. System process blocks Port 80

You clearly don't understand the problem here. But I was able to solve it by doing the following:

• Activate IIS
    • In Services disable the IIS service
    • Reboot
    • Port 80 is no longer blocked by the System process

GregorWaldvogel, Oct 29, 2019
  3. vmware authorization service is not running

Hi Veerendra,

Thanks for reaching out.

Follow these steps:

• Click Programs and Features, "Turn Windows Features On/Off" and remove VM Role. Restart and test. If not, process with step 2.
    • Restart computer -> go to BIOS -> disable virtualization -> install Vmvare -> Restart the computer -> go to BIOS again -> Enable Virtualization
    We also suggest you to perform a
    clean boot
    to check and then try to install/uninstall the program and check if you’re able to uninstall the software.

Lastly, we recommend you to run this
    troubleshooter
    to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Oct 29, 2019
  4. blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

1. blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ? - Similar Threads - blocking processes running

2. Is MSASCuil a safe process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is MSASCuil a safe process?: Hi my pc been acting funny for a while and idk what happened. Basically i logged in then found a black screen so i oppened task manager and it crashed. After a few days i tried again and it worked. I opened task manager and went to start up and found MSASCuil, it didn't have...
  3. Are these processes safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these processes safe?: [IMG] submitted by /u/vicentte40 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kr3r38/are_these_processes_safe/
  4. 192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?

in Windows 10 Support
    192 processes running - What can safely be turned off?: Windows 10 Home 1909 I think I have far too many processes running (192 seems like a lot when I don't have a lot of programs running) but I'm not sure what to do to get the count down. I've come across 'Sycnex /Windows10Debloater' but read that it is best to use it before...
  5. Is it safe to susped non-essential Windows processes/services ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to susped non-essential Windows processes/services ?: Hey, i was thinking... there are a lot of useless services, that are running on background. For some services startup parameters are greyed out. You can change that in registry. But i heard it is not good idea to turn these off: e.g. One Sync, Contact Data, HTTP Web Proxy...
  6. Block safe mode

Block safe mode: Hi, I read that editing the registry with: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System SafeModeBlockNonAdmins = 1 Will block safe mode for non admin accounts. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is this DWORD created by the user, or is...
  7. Windows blocking app from running

Windows blocking app from running: Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few...
  8. Weird process running - "Monitor Virutal Wlan Service"

Weird process running - "Monitor Virutal Wlan Service": I was checking my system configuration and happened across this weird one! [img] Note the spelling: "Monitor Virutal Wlan Service" - "Virutal" rather than "Virtual" but either way, I can see no reference to such a process on the net. Searching instead for "Virutal...
  9. Block Software from Installing or running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Software from Installing or running: Is there a way to stop certain software/apps from installing, or if not possible, from not running? I want to block chrome. Also, can edge in the start menu be hidden? Thanks ( win10 home x64 ) 70307
  10. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?: I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a 24 hour basis, Cortana interests don't come up, Store is slow to login, Outlook mail (native app) doesn't sync, Family not available, store slow to load, etc etc. Something is triggering the issue (which does...