Windows 10: Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

Discus and support Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, I had a question involving access requests. I recently noticed that in the last 30 days activity, there has been about 6 attempts from a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobbieBeatty, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

Hey all,

I had a question involving access requests. I recently noticed that in the last 30 days activity, there has been about 6 attempts from a long what I was told deactivated email account of mine attempting to log into my Microsoft account. This is worrying to say the least, and I was wondering if there is a way to just flat out permanently deny that email access to my Microsoft account? That way they literally have no way of touching my account, ever. Seems like there should be, but I've yet to find a way. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RobbieBeatty, Apr 14, 2021
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

Block email senders in Windows 10

Hi Katy,

For better assistance, we'd like to know if you are experiencing the issue in Windows Live Mail or when using Outlook application.

In Outlook app, if Block Sender is not showing after right-clicking on the message, you can still block the sender manually by following the steps below:

1. Click Home.

2. In the Delete group, click Junk.

3. Click on Block Sender.

4. Select Add.

5. In the Enter an email address or Internet domain name to be added to the list box, enter the name or address that you want to add. For example, you can add:

• a specific email address, such as someone@example.com
    • an Internet domain, such as @example.com, or example.com.

6. Click OK and repeat for each entry that you want to add.

Note: If you are using a Microsoft Exchange account, all of the names and email addresses that are in your organization's address book are automatically considered safe and can’t be added to the blocked list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

1. Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access - Similar Threads - Blocking Specific Emails

2. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  3. Request Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request Blocked: When trying to access Bing on Chrome, I get this message: The request is blocked.Ref A: 8BE2A910E0BE4B8F82F96B0CA6B07E1A Ref B: PDX31EDGE0118 Ref C: 2023-08-28T01:15:57Z.I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all cookies, disconnecting my VPN. There's no issue on Edge, of...
  4. Request Blocked

Request Blocked: When trying to access Bing on Chrome, I get this message: The request is blocked.Ref A: 8BE2A910E0BE4B8F82F96B0CA6B07E1A Ref B: PDX31EDGE0118 Ref C: 2023-08-28T01:15:57Z.I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all cookies, disconnecting my VPN. There's no issue on Edge, of...
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  7. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?: Hello! Question for using the Microsoft Family Safety features - How can I block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time? Issue - My kids are currently doing online schooling; at some classes, I have noticed that they were playing games or were using other...
  9. How do I block a specific pc from accessing a certan domain?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I block a specific pc from accessing a certan domain?: If say I wanted to block facebook from loading on a pc how would I go about doing this? 99299
  10. Block audio from specific apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Block audio from specific apps: Hopefully, that will get sorted soon. Spotify saved the setting on close and re-open! *Biggrin (without checking other settings or permissions) Groove did not! *Sad [img]