Windows 10: Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

Discus and support Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge supposedly gives the ability to block news websites in its main window where you can scroll through topics it has chosen for you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dave Eberly, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

Microsoft Edge supposedly gives the ability to block news websites in its main window where you can scroll through topics it has chosen for you to view. Each frame has the 3-dots icon, which you can select and see "Hide stories from <some_news_site>". I have done this numerous times, but many of the sites popup later in the frames. Most notably I keep blocking "USA Today" and "HuffPost". When I click on the "Personalize" button, the page I get to shows that both of these sites are in my blocked list. Yet they continue to show up. Is this a bug in the browser? How can I get a permanent

:)

Dave Eberly, Jul 19, 2022

2. block cookies from specific websites windows 10

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the browser you are working on?

Internet Explorer provides many different ways to control the cookies that are stored on your computer. You can block or allow cookies or you can choose the specific sites that you'll accept cookies from. When you make these sorts of changes, the cookies
    that are already stored on your computer will not be affected. For that reason, you might want to delete the cookies already stored on your computer before following the steps below:

Block or allow cookies from specific websites

• Open Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand corner.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.

• Click Sites.

• In the Address of website box, type a website address, and then click
      Block or Allow.

As you type, a list of webpages that you have already visited will be displayed. You can click an item in the list and it will be displayed in the
      Address of website box.

• Repeat step 5 for each website you want to block or allow. When you are finished, click
      OK.

• Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click
      OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 19, 2022
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Pop up blocked message in Microsoft Edge

Hi Michael,

• When do you get the message?
    • Does it happens with any specific website?

To enable and disable the popup blocker, follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button in the upper right-hand corner to access the Microsoft Edge menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced settings.
    • Block up Pop ups. From here you can turn off or on the pop up blocker.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 19, 2022
  4. Eliezer Win User

Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

Blocking specific users from using Microsoft Edge browser

I found that doing the first 9 steps listed here did the trick. After taking ownership, I used regular NTFS permissions to deny permissions on the users I'm trying to block from using Edge.

Eliezer, Jul 19, 2022
Thema:

Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

1. Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work - Similar Threads - Blocking specific websites

2. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  3. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  4. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work: Microsoft Edge supposedly gives the ability to block news websites in its main window where you can scroll through topics it has chosen for you to view. Each frame has the 3-dots icon, which you can select and see "Hide stories from <some_news_site>". I have done this...
  7. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work: Hello, I cannot block websites in Microsoft Family Safety settings. When I type the address of a website that I want to be blocked eg www.youtube.com, instead of blocking the websitewww.youtube.com/, the web adresshttps://https//www.youtube.com/ is blocked. An additional...
  9. Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed: I have a problem now which seemed to work before. I have blocked YouTube.com from my child’s account and disabled all other browsers except Microsoft Edge. Due to his school assignments, from time to time he needs to be able to watch specific educational videos. What...
  10. How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?: Anyone know how to block a specific website? I have tried Internet Options and the hosts file with no luck. 140959