Windows 10: Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Discus and support Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john510, Jan 24, 2020.

1. john510 Win User

Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way

:)

john510, Jan 24, 2020

2. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 24, 2020
  3. File type / program association

1. Start globe
    2. Default programs
    3. Associate a file type
    4. Find jpg in the list
    5. Change the default to your desired program

Canadian Tech, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...eb/ba-p/874451

Brink, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations - Similar Threads - Blocking Standard user

2. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  3. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  4. File Type Associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  5. File Type Associations

File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  6. secure file from standard user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    secure file from standard user: We have a windows application which is written by electron and SQLite as database, the problem is we want our database file to be secure from deleting or modifying by user , and only application itself can modify that , what are the options here ? is it possible to give admin...
  7. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  8. File type association

File type association: I accidentally assigned a .laz extension to be opened automatically with Adobe. When I try to go to the default settings to remove the association I only get the option of associating with another app. How can I remove this entirely or restore it back to were I get a prompt...
  9. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  10. Windows 10 file type not shown and unable to associate standard app

Windows 10 file type not shown and unable to associate standard app: Goodday all, I have a problem in Windows 10. On mij laptop I have present a file type .sfv This is for checking another files originality (file verification file), nothing weird about it. On my laptop I also have present FlashSfv, a small .sfv file checker. It is just...