Windows 10: Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Discus and support Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john510, Jan 24, 2020.

1. john510 Win User

Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way

:)

john510, Jan 24, 2020

2. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 24, 2020
  3. File type / program association

1. Start globe
    2. Default programs
    3. Associate a file type
    4. Find jpg in the list
    5. Change the default to your desired program

Canadian Tech, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...eb/ba-p/874451

Brink, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations - Similar Threads - Blocking Standard user

2. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  3. Associating applications with file types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Associating applications with file types: I have two applications that will open a particular file type- an older and a newer application. Files tend to open with the older, less useful application; to get the newer app with the better functionality I need to Right-click the file and select "Open With" from the...
  4. Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web: We will soon be adding several additional file extensions to the BlockedFileTypes property of existing OwaMailboxPolicy objects. This change will prevent Outlook on the web users from downloading attachments that have those file extensions. Why are we making this change?...
  5. File type associated with App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File type associated with App: I recently installed Office 365 on my NB running Windows 10 Home. Upon successful installation, I uninstalled my Office 2007 from the NB. Nightmare occurred - I could not double click the selected file and open it with the App. Instead, I have to open the App first and...
  6. program will not open- change file type associated with a file extension

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program will not open- change file type associated with a file extension: I went to control panel, file, and when I click on "change the file type associated with a file extension" the window opens with the blue screen and the file icon in the center but never actually opens up at all....
  7. Windows 10 file type not shown and unable to associate standard app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 file type not shown and unable to associate standard app: Goodday all, I have a problem in Windows 10. On mij laptop I have present a file type .sfv This is for checking another files originality (file verification file), nothing weird about it. On my laptop I also have present FlashSfv, a small .sfv file checker. It is just...
  8. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....
  9. Default file type association

Default file type association: Hi! On Win 10 I want to change default file extension association to an exe file, but the system doesn't allow it. It happens with other extensions and programs too, but now specifically I wanted to associate the standalone version of flash player to .swf extension. It...
  10. Cannot change file type associations in Windows 10

Cannot change file type associations in Windows 10: Last week (09/29/2018) I was screwing around trying to fix a driver issue I was having on my Windows 7 install, long story short I screwed something up and could no longer get the OS to load. So I figured hey if I have to reinstall Windows might as well install 10. So I wiped...