Windows 10: blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

Discus and support blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello. i have a very important task that i added to the task scheduler. i want to protect the task from delete it or disable it - but i don't found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by poop1711, Mar 15, 2021.

1. poop1711 Win User

blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

hello.

i have a very important task that i added to the task scheduler.

i want to protect the task from delete it or disable it - but i don't found the right way to do it.

so, i ask if somebody know way and how to do it, and if no, how i can to block the TS whole with the registry or gpo?

i searched i lot of time in google but without results.

many thanks in advance!

:)

poop1711, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Task Scheduler error

Hello Banjopolo,

GeForce Experience updates may fail due to Windows Task Scheduler errors. I suggest that you follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > type regedit and press
      Enter.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule
    3. Find the DWORD called start, change its value to 2.
    4. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor. Reboot you PC.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    thread
    we found answered by
    xyllis about fixing issues with Task Scheduler which helped a lot of community members.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 15, 2021
  4. blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your fast cooperation.

I have published my issue in TechNet forum, but not answer yet. blocking  task scheduler with registry or GPO :(.

Could you help me , please?

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

Thanks in advance!

MiroslavaRadoslavova, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

1. blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO - Similar Threads - blocking task scheduler

2. Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking a Specific Driver with a GPO?: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable a specific driver for an entire organization? My org is trying to make sure all devices have the Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio disabled since it is causing issues with our Logitech Rally System. We are currently...
  3. dir command from Task Scheduler returns entire registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dir command from Task Scheduler returns entire registry: A batch file contains the line:dir c:\ /s /a-h-s >listing.txtas part of an indexing routine. This line of the batch takes about two minutes and returns a textfile of about 150 mb. After I was satisfied that the routine was ready to go, I created a task in Task Scheduler to...
  4. blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    blocking task scheduler with registry or GPO: hello. i have a very important task that i added to the task scheduler. i want to protect the task from delete it or disable it - but i don't found the right way to do it. so, i ask if somebody know way and how to do it, and if no, how i can to block the TS whole with the...
  5. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  6. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  8. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed: Hello, I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM. I have made two bat files. I want to execute them with schedules tasks via GPO. My DC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, The client PC is Windows 10. My bat file content...
  9. GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard: So, I have an interesting problem. At my workplace, we have a group policy set that force-disables the Windows Task Scheduler. This is done for security purposes, as "malware sometimes sets itself up as a scheduled task", as it was explained to me. I cannot get this policy...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...