Windows 10: Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

Discus and support Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name?

:)

MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020

2. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name?

MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Papahyooie, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

1. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App - Similar Threads - Blocking Unwanted Features

2. I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking.: I can't turn on potentially unwanted app blocking it automatically turns itself off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/dd9aae29-98d8-46ac-83b1-69702d106594
  3. Can't get unwanted app blocking on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get unwanted app blocking on: My pc windows security- App and browser control - Reputation based settings and potentially unwanted app blocking wont turn on. I'm worried there could be a virus on my laptop too since it wouldn't turn on for a little bit earlier. Buy I don't know anything about computers to...
  4. Can't get unwanted app blocking on

Can't get unwanted app blocking on: My pc windows security- App and browser control - Reputation based settings and potentially unwanted app blocking wont turn on. I'm worried there could be a virus on my laptop too since it wouldn't turn on for a little bit earlier. Buy I don't know anything about computers to...
  5. Unwanted feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted feature: i have 2 computers, running Windows 11, on the same network. Whenever I change something on either desktop, it changes also on the other computer. I use them for different purposes and I don't like this feature. How can I stop it?...
  6. Unwanted feature

Unwanted feature: i have 2 computers, running Windows 11, on the same network. Whenever I change something on either desktop, it changes also on the other computer. I use them for different purposes and I don't like this feature. How can I stop it?...
  7. Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app: "microsoft defender smartscreen tagged an app as an unwanted app and wife accepted it and deleted it I need that app but cant get it back as its blocked"how do i get it unblocked* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking": Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/d3b72beb-3c9b-46f2-bc61-0bbe82da3b2d
  9. Microsoft installing unwanted apps

Microsoft installing unwanted apps: I recognize that this forum is not attended by the folks at Microsoft, but hope someone can give me some insight. For the third time in several months when I booted my computer this morning I discovered that once again Microsoft had installed software I do not want; did not...
  10. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App: A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name? 149309