Windows 10: Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

Discus and support Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name?

:)

MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020

2. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name?

MuggleBornNY, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Papahyooie, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

1. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App - Similar Threads - Blocking Unwanted Features

2. Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking Unwanted Features when installing/updating an App: A few years ago, I used an app that allowed me to prevent unwanted options from being automatically included when I installed or updated an app. I loved it. Now I have a new computer, but can’t remember the name of that app. Does anyone know the name? 149309
  3. Is there a general how-to for disabling unwanted W10 apps/features/se?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a general how-to for disabling unwanted W10 apps/features/se?: Is there a general how-to for disabling unwanted W10 apps/features/privacy flaws? For example, I do not used Edge but it's always in the background. Cortana....is it used for search because I never use it. 1909 18363.476 145729
  4. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates": Hello! Why do I have these 2 games in my "Available updates" section? I don't have them anywhere else. So an "update" in this case is a full installation of a new app. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to block future features updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to block future features updates: Help would be greatly appreciated please. I am frustrated with constant difficulties installing Features updates that I will never use - how do I block them (and stop auto updates from telling me they are there) but allow Security updates to be installed as normal. The...
  6. Microsoft family features blocking installation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  7. Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features: I have the Cricut Maker & the App … received message from windows defender/firewall that some of the features have been blocked. I have been using Cricut Design Space for the past few weeks with no issues... what do I do now? Allow the app through firewall or block? Thanks!...
  8. Unwanted Installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Installation: Hello, Today I have noticed in the list of installed programs a new fresh (today) installation "Microsoft OneDrive". I was not asked to accept this installation, I was even not notified it was installed on my computer. Now I do not know who owns my computer, microsoft or me....
  9. Unwanted Apps install automatically again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps install automatically again: I thought this issue had been dealt with months ago, but today the following just keep installing themselves automatically again. If I uninstall them, they will re-install after 10-20 minutes: Bubble Witch 3 Saga Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Dolby Access March...
  10. 0xd1 when installing feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xd1 when installing feature update: Hello, I've been getting a 0xd1 bsod when installing the latest w10 feature update (build 1709). It is reliably reproducible, and the system has successfully completed recovery after every crash. Noteworthy is a PCIe audio card that audibly clicks when turned on...