Windows 10: Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

Discus and support Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I stop and block unwanted software from sending me messages to purchase such as slimware plus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonDellett, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

How do I stop and block unwanted software from sending me messages to purchase such as slimware plus

:)

DonDellett, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to uninstall software "Driver update" SlimWare Utilities.inc?

Hi Lilien,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To uninstall the SlimWare Utilities follow these steps and check if it helps.

You may try to uninstall and reinstall the SlimWare Utilities
    and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      SlimWare Utilities and click on
      Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    SlimWare Utilities before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    slimware

Hi Brian,

Look through your Startup items and see if Slimware is listed

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if Slimware is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list Look for Slimware, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Then Open WIndows File Explroer and go into C:\Program Files and delete any Slimware folder you find, then the same with C:\Program Files (x86)

Restart your System and this annoyance should be gone . . .

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

Pop Up - Slimware

Hi Ann, you must have Slimware Utilities installed on your system . . .

I would advise uninstalling that software and let Windows look after your Driver Updates for the stability of your system . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Find Slimware Utilities in the list of installed Apps and choose Uninstall

These programs can cause more problems than they fix . . .

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

1. Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus - Similar Threads - Blocking unwanted software

2. Unwanted Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Software: What is the best way to remove "one-updater" from my computer running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041388? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-software/1ab52d26-8cd8-40c0-85cb-b13b45dc4094
  3. Unwanted Edge message

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted Edge message: Windows 10 v1909 I use Firefox as my default browser and most times when I visit some web sites I get the following message: [img] On another machine, my laptop, this does not happen. On the laptop I am not sure whether Edge is the out of the box version or the 'new'...
  4. Remove Slimware Driver update software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Slimware Driver update software: Very frequently a message window popps up from "Slim ware" advising me to update my drivers. I also understand that the Widows also keep on updating the drivers automatically. What would be the safest method to uninstall the "Slimware" and its irritating message? \...
  5. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted messages: The following keeps appearing when using Microsoft Solitaire: do you want to get-user-id.js from ads.yahoo.com? I do not wish to accept this, but trying to cancel it or clicking on the 'x' does nothing. It will not go away. How can I get rid of this, and stop it from...
  6. Scam with Slimware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scam with Slimware: I ended up paying Slimware after I asked for checking updates and was charged 20.00 and Slimware charged 59.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-with-slimware/6228615b-dc09-4158-bc04-1dce9763781e
  7. How Block Unwanted Software From Starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Block Unwanted Software From Starting: Windows 10 Version 1903 NCH Software seems to have installed 28 of their programs on my PC. There is a directory showing shortcuts to them, including one called Doxillion. Now, when I try to edit a doc file by clicking on the filename in my directory program, l get a...
  8. Slimware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Slimware: How can I stop the popups from Slimware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slimware/1eb93c98-8023-4fc0-80df-054596dac4f2
  9. unwanted software removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted software removal: Hi Team, I can see lot of versions of same software is installed in the system. Which one is correct and which one is needed I am not sure. I need some tool to remove the unwanted software ; as my system takes long time to load and kills my harddisk read. one more...
  10. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted messages: In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts". I don't want or care about or want...