Windows 10: Blocking Windows 11 but not windows 10 updates

Discus and support Blocking Windows 11 but not windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm hoping to get some help on Blocking W 11 from being downloaded, but also do not want to stop W 10 updates especially since I just got my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ksorta, Dec 4, 2021.

1. ksorta Win User

Blocking Windows 11 but not windows 10 updates

I'm hoping to get some help on Blocking W 11 from being downloaded, but also do not want to stop W 10 updates especially since I just got my computer and am assuming it needs a few It is Windows 10 Home. So it doesn't have the group policy editor. Ive watched a few videos, but don't know if those are not considering getting W 10 updates. Thanks for your time ;

:)

ksorta, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Dec 4, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Blocking Windows 11 but not windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Blocking updates

2. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  6. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  7. windows 11 and HR Block updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  8. windows 11 and HR Block updated

windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  9. can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...: Ever since I got my laptop back from getting screen repaired, Windows has been acting up. it gets hung up trying to update then spends 2 hours uninstalling them because there was a problem. startup repair, or selecting uninstall feature/quality updates wont work because of...
  10. can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...

can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...: Ever since I got my laptop back from getting screen repaired, Windows has been acting up. it gets hung up trying to update then spends 2 hours uninstalling them because there was a problem. startup repair, or selecting uninstall feature/quality updates wont work because of...