Windows 10: Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access

Discus and support Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been blocking access to the internet for many programs on my laptop through the advanced firewall settings, since I don't feel like they need to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/macano1990, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access

I've been blocking access to the internet for many programs on my laptop through the advanced firewall settings, since I don't feel like they need to. I've noticed there's many programs that access the internet for sharing user data for statistics and whatnot, but I personally don't want that.

Anyway, I wanted to prevent the Windows Explorer from accessing the internet. But I want to know if that's a good idea at all, since the Windows Explorer comprises many features and I don't want to break my windows so to speak. Ideally, I'd want to block folders and files from being shared. I know files aren't shared if they're not in the share folders, but I would feel safer if I actively blocked the internet connection. Would blocking the Windows Explorer itself leave all the OS offline? Would I still be able to upload and download files from the internet? Is there any risk of breaking something within the OS by doing this?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/macano1990
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/macano1990, Jul 31, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. zOaib Win User
    How Do I Remove Ie Explorer Totally ??

no that screws with windows updates too , internet explorer is a bitch !

zOaib, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access

Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access

1. Blocking Windows Explorer's Internet Access - Similar Threads - Blocking Explorer's Internet

2. Your Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Internet access is blocked: Hi! I'm running into some network issues on my school-issued.Surface Laptop Go 2. No matter what browser, site, or wifi I use, I always get the message, "Your Internet access is blocked." As it is a school-issued device, I don't have access to command prompt. However, I was...
  3. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access is blocked: I have been using only windows defender and never install any 3rd party antivirus to my pc.I tried troubleshooting the issue and got an issue from BD Provider which I have no clue about....
  4. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access is blocked: I have been using only windows defender and never install any 3rd party antivirus to my pc.I tried troubleshooting the issue and got an issue from BD Provider which I have no clue about....
  5. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet Access is blocked

Internet Access is blocked: I'm having problems connecting to the router. The image shows my problem:It just randomly happened one day. I've tried restarting my computer and router's firmware....
  7. "Your internet access is blocked"

"Your internet access is blocked": A while ago, my Dad switched all of the Family computers to windows 10, and one of them, stopped working, I got it to where the internet works, but when I try to go into chrome, it says "your internet access is blocked" and "firewall or antivirus and software may have been...
  8. INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED

INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED: [IMG]I updated my windows 10 version (1909) and since then all my browsers can't access the internet. I tried the troubleshooting approach but still I couldn't resolve it. You can see from the picture attached that I am connected to the WiFi network but "Your Internet access...
  9. Internet access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  10. Internet Access Blocked

Internet Access Blocked: So I just noticed my plex media server is unaccessible from my TV, says server unavailable. I can view the server (which is running on my laptop) when I go to 127.0.0.1 but if I try and go to the full private ip address I get this message. I even tried turning Windows...