Windows 10: Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.

Discus and support Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I understand you want all information about me that you can.I realized that when I open search in my windows you send a lot of requests to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mateusz Kurowski1, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.

I understand you want all information about me that you can.I realized that when I open search in my windows you send a lot of requests to your servers.I blocked app in firewall, now my `File Explorer` is unresponsive. LOL

:)

Mateusz Kurowski1, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jun 11, 2024
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.

1. Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive. - Similar Threads - Blocking `Windows Search`

2. Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking `Windows Search` via firewall makes "File Explorer" unresponsive.: I understand you want all information about me that you can.I realized that when I open search in my windows you send a lot of requests to your servers.I blocked app in firewall, now my `File Explorer` is unresponsive. LOL...
  3. Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive: Ever since update KB5003173 I can't seem to make the Windows explorer search system work -at all-.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. No textbox, no nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a...
  4. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...
  5. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before...
  6. Windows Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Search Unresponsive: I'm having a strange issue with my new Lenovo Legion 5 15" laptop. Since I set it up yesterday, I have been unable to access the Start menu and File Explorer search bars. Specifically, neither of these two search functions respond in any way when triggered. Clicking in either...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall - unresponsive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall - unresponsive: [ATTACH] All of the following are unresponsive to clicks (I click and nothing happens): Use recommended settings What are the recommended settings? Turn Windows Defender on or off Restore defaults Advanced settings Any ideas? 161004
  8. Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut?: Hi I have a question please. Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut? ie like we have Search in all Sub-folders, do we have Search in all Shortcuts? Eg: - I have a folder called Folder_A which contains only one thing; a shortcut to a different folder...
  9. Windows Explorer Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Unresponsive: I am finding that, after an unknown period of time, Windows Explorer becomes completely unresponsive. I cannot open the Start menu or the task manager. The mouse pointer will move around the desktop area; but, the pointer is only what I believe is the cursor file for waiting....
  10. Windows Explorer unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer unresponsiveness: I'm having strange Windows Explorer problems. Right clicking may cause it to freeze up, or attempting to load folders that contain certain file extensions (in particular .iso). Out of curiosity about it, I'd even renamed an existing file to .iso. Though the rename succeeded,...