Windows 10: Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am using MS family settings to block access to sites such as youtube.com, however, the MS Family settings does not display the Youtube app... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by beancounteruk, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home

Hello,

I am using MS family settings to block access to sites such as youtube.com, however, the MS Family settings does not display the Youtube app as an application, so while I am able to block access to the site, Youtube can still be watched via the app.

Question,

What is the process to ensure MS Family settings including the MS Family App, displays ALL applications present on a linked device?

:)

beancounteruk, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

Filter inappropriate apps and games

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2021
  3. windows 10 family safety not blocking youtube

Hi,

Have you tried manually removing Youtube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which Youtube might not be included. So, to have Youtube exempted

Family Safety
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of ?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if Youtube is now accessible or not.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 PC with Family Safety Enabled Won't Block Youtube

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

Have you tried manually removing Youtube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which Youtube might not be included. So, to have Youtube exempted

Family Safety
    Add. Click Save.

Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of ?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if Youtube is now accessible or not.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home

1. Blocking Youtube app using MS Family settings Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Blocking Youtube app

2. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  3. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  4. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MS Family Safety YouTube Block Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Family Safety YouTube Block Not Working: I'm trying to block YT from an individual with some issues. I've tried putting the domain in using multiple methods ... hell I don't care if I have to block Goggle in it's entirety since we use DDG.What I am asking for is a way for MSFS to block YouTube from even showing. I'm...
  6. how to block Youtube on Microsoft family

how to block Youtube on Microsoft family: my son is 14 year very savvy pc gamer... we have found that microsoft family is the best way to control the time he spends in front of hi computer. he has in own Msoft email, windows login for his computer. but when he is attending virtual class he has Msoft teams in one...
  7. Unable to block youtube using family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to block youtube using family safety: Going through https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/content-restrictions and blocking youtube.com does not work. It works with other webistes, but not specifically youtube. I tried all variations of youtube with http and https or www and everything you can think of....
  8. Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube

Microsoft Family Blocks YouTube: My daughter can't access YouTube, it redirects her to a YouTube kids message. I've allowed content for 16 year old on her Microsoft Family settings, and have even tried allowing all content. She is using Windows 10S, so her only browser is Edge. Additionally, it only blocks...
  9. MS family blocking firefox

MS family blocking firefox: Hi! I've added my daugthers e-mail to built-in mail program and now firefox is blocked. A request window pops up every time when I launch ff, to get an approval for start from parents. I recieve the confirmation email to my parent acc, and click on confirm and NOTHING...
  10. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...