Windows 10: Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch

Discus and support Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently purchased a new Dell desktop here in Japan, but as English is my native language I switched the display language to English.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yanni Van Halen, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new Dell desktop here in Japan, but as English is my native language I switched the display language to English. Unfortunately, many programs and menu screens have blocky and small fonts, as if there is no anti-aliasing or screen smoothing on.

These are fine:

Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch [​IMG]

These are not:

Some programs even have a mix:

I have googled around pretty extensively and the main solutions -- using the advanced system settings to adjust for best appearance, and adjusting ClearType text -- have had no effect. Graphics card drivers are all up to date.

My previous computer was an English-language machine bought with Windows 7 and upgraded to 10, and it had no such problems. The problem machine was bought in Japan as a Japanese-language machine, and I switched the display language to English soon after purchasing. I'm assuming that must have something to do with it but I can't find any definitive answers (maybe it's completely unrelated). The font problem is really grating in a few essential programs I use daily so I would love to find a fix.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

:)

Yanni Van Halen, Sep 4, 2017
  2. Tac.Kane Win User

[Wndows10][desktop][Fonts]want to change the font to view Japanese folder name/file name on English edition

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 English edition.

I want someone to help to resolve font trouble on Desktop/Explorer.

When I open explorer folders/files are on. the folders/files name has DoubleByte(or MultiByte). now explorer uses Chinese Font Shape for this name. but I want to see Japanese Font Shape.

I don't want to change system fonts because all charactors shape will be changed.

Current

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DBCS/MultiByte) -> Segoe UI

Requirement

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

not solution

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Yours sincerely,

Tac.

Tac.Kane, Sep 4, 2017
  3. N73 and Japanese language support?

Well, I found at least part of the solution for using Japanese-English Dictionary. As reported on the web, you can install any font you like on your Nokia N73 by renaming any .ttf font to same filenames as the original fonts on your mobile phone and copying
    them on your memory card into Resource/Fonts directory (because copied fonts on memory card override the original fonts). After that, you can browse your Japanese-English dictionary and it looks great. HOWEVER, you're still not able to input Japanese text
    so searhing Japanese-English dictionary is not possible. But you can use English-Japanese perfectly.

I don't think we'll ever get the solution for inputting Japanese text on non-Japanese Nokia mobile phones. Too bad.

Cheers.

markog---01, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch

1. Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch - Similar Threads - Blocky English fonts

2. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  3. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  4. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  6. Fonts in English and bold fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  7. IME not allowing switching back to Japanese and English

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME not allowing switching back to Japanese and English: I have a Japanese user who has MS IME installed. When he is working in MS Outlook, it will not allow him to switch to different input options. I did the reset of the options that I read in one of the threads, and it worked for about 5 minutes. As soon as the user clicked...
  8. Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus: I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following: Settings: Installed English...
  9. Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Japanese Programs in English Windows 10: Is it possible to install and run Japanese programs (e.g., Japanese inDesign) on an English version of Windows 10? This was never possible before with Microsoft, but I am wondering if maybe they had caught up with MAC. 14861
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...