Windows 10: Blower style cards

Discus and support Blower style cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, As from about 2 weeks ago my current gpu (ASUS GTX1060 6GB Founders Edition - blower style) started to artifact and after a while crash the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jamos316, Oct 28, 2019.

1. jamos316 Win User

Blower style cards

Hello,

As from about 2 weeks ago my current gpu (ASUS GTX1060 6GB Founders Edition - blower style) started to artifact and after a while crash the game. It looks like it's the vram that is going bad, at the moment I can still play games by setting to 720p resolution ultra settings if I crank the fan speed up but this is not ideal and not sure how long this will be a solution for. My processor is i5 4690k 3.9ghz partnered with 12gb ddr3.

So I need to dive into the market to buy a new card, luckily Black Friday is only a month off so I hope to get a good deal on a card.
    I have been told by a so called pc 'expert' that because I have a small case with limited airflow (EVGA Hadron Air Mini-ITX) that i need to look at getting a 'blower style' card rather than a 'open air' card. This gives me very limited chose. Currently here in Sweden I can only find 2 cards in my price range that are 'blower style'. These are;
    ASUS Turbo RTX 2060 6G
    Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8GB
    Currently the 5700 is about £70 cheaper than the 2060 so unless the 2060 is that much better I think I'll go with the 5700 but as i said hopefully one of these cards will have a deal on Black Friday.

Can anyone give any reviews on these cards from personal experience?
    I am a bit hung up on noise and I have read a review that says the 5700 is noisey under load. However I won't be putting either the 5700 or 2060 under load as i only want to play at 1080p ultra settings and I believe both of the cards can perform way past this.
    I also saw a review today saying that the 5700 has a problem with playing 'Fortnite' as some of the textures doesn't load correctly, not that I play fortnite but if this is a issue on this game then there must be other games with the same issues.

Please give me your advice.
    Thanks for reading,
    James

:)

jamos316, Oct 28, 2019

2. FONT STYLE

I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ( LETTERING ) ON THE DESKTOP ICONS ... AND ENLARGE THEIR SIZE..I HAVE FOND A LIST OF STYLES TO USE BUT CANT GET THEM TO INSTALL OR WORK...DOES ANY ONE
    KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ?

WilliamMarianetti, Oct 28, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Blower style cards

what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Blower style cards ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Blower style cards

1. Blower style cards - Similar Threads - Blower style cards

2. icon styles

in Windows 10 Customization
    icon styles: how do i select an icon for a shortcut in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-styles/c09c5ef2-a6e3-475e-9ace-2ec115178e1f
  3. font style

font style: I want to change the font style and cant seem to do it will someone please assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/632c3918-7b58-4142-b2e4-488253c6f145
  4. font style

font style: How can I change the font style on the wording under icons on desktop. The letters have the shadow effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/49b52310-bbb7-4d64-9eb4-80838e028c23
  5. font style

font style: can I change the font style from times on my computer? I want to change the style on things like the time & date and the apps and window headers. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/413692f0-8192-4a03-97b4-914602f83f16
  6. Visual Styles-Related Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual Styles-Related Error: Whenever I go to save a .gpx file in Magellan VantagePoint software, I receive the following error...Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area. When I close the error message dialogue box, I receiver...
  7. Visual Styles-

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual Styles-: Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area.
  8. Memo Style

Memo Style: My memos suddently print far left and right and some of the print left out. How do I set "Memo Style". I'm in Outlook on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memo-style/07a7e058-6207-44c2-b9de-505b2284f28c
  9. font style

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    font style: i am unable to change font style in my window 10 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/font-style/a2d88fed-e575-437c-8915-05fa5b5cd875
  10. FONT STYLE

FONT STYLE: I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ( LETTERING ) ON THE DESKTOP ICONS ... AND ENLARGE THEIR SIZE..I HAVE FOND A LIST OF STYLES TO USE BUT CANT GET THEM TO INSTALL OR WORK...DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ?...