Windows 10: Blown HDMI receptacle?

Discus and support Blown HDMI receptacle? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Hikertrash, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Blown HDMI receptacle?

I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) .

Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged the peripherals, and booted the laptop, and the monitor came on, phew. Plugged the HDMI back in, black. Unplugged, back on.

I tested the TV on the cable box using HDMI and it worked fine. I tested the HDMI cable and that works too. I can only assume the problems lies in the laptop HDMI receptacle. Is there another way to test, or self-diagnose the receptacle?

EDIT: I should add if I plug the HDMI with the TV off, the laptop screen (when on dual screen) goes black. If I plug in the HDMI cord when attached to nothing there's doesn't appear to be a problem.

:)

Hikertrash, Dec 8, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 8, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Blown HDMI receptacle?

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Blown HDMI receptacle?

1. Blown HDMI receptacle? - Similar Threads - Blown HDMI receptacle

2. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons blown apart: I have the same problem listed on this thread and tried the same remedies.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-out-of-scale-icons-spaced-way/2ccad350-6182-4fae-9148-2631ed40635dOccasionally Microsoft does an update and the desktop goes nuts....
  3. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons blown apart: I have the same problem listed on this thread and tried the same remedies.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-out-of-scale-icons-spaced-way/2ccad350-6182-4fae-9148-2631ed40635dOccasionally Microsoft does an update and the desktop goes nuts....
  4. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Becomes too bright and blown out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becomes too bright and blown out: Recently I was playing battlefeild and got a bit angry, in the midst of this I put my hand down clicking many buttons on my keyboard I beleive this may be the cause but not sure. After this happened everything got a bit brighter. Looked through every possible...
  6. Windows Becomes too bright and blown out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Becomes too bright and blown out: Recently I was playing battlefeild and got a bit angry, in the midst of this I put my hand down clicking many buttons on my keyboard I beleive this may be the cause but not sure. After this happened everything got a bit brighter. Looked through every possible...
  7. Windows Becomes too bright and blown out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. receptacles

in Windows 10 Support
    receptacles: I use surge suppressors. On one surge suppressor I have 8 devices like the pc, monitor, speakers, phone, lamp, gateway and printer. I use one plug of the receptacle, as the other plug runs the lamp off the wall switch.. Am I better off with all on one 15 amp receptacle as...
  9. Blown HDMI receptacle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blown HDMI receptacle?: I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) . Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged...
  10. Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF: Hello folks, Once I was removing the internal battery of my laptop and the screw driver accidentally dropped on the motherboard, there was a smoke and it looks like 2 capacitors have blown up. Since then I was using the laptop normally, but now, after a week more or...