Windows 10: Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo

Discus and support Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Format Licensing on Schedule to Commence Summer 2015 LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo

Source: Blu-ray Disc Association Completes Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Specification and Releases New Logo | Business Wire

:)

Brink, May 13, 2015

2. Blueray disk ultra HD doesn't play, is this ok ? (Xbox)

Hi,

What does your question have to do with Microsoft Products?

You bought a Ultra HD TV and a Blue-ray Ultra HD Movie to play on it.

What Type of TV Do I Use With a Blu-ray Disc Player? - Lifewire

Regards.

Bill Smithers, May 13, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    my computer isnt detecting blu ray discs

Windows 10 doesn't play Blu-Ray discs. You'll have to buy separate software to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. There is a way to play for free, but it's not easy:

How to Watch Blu-Ray Discs on Windows 10

BulldogXX, May 13, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Here is the logo
    Attachment 19026

Cliff S, May 13, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Spinning media is dead... or soon will be... I'd much rather just have a 128GB flash drive.

Mystere, May 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    That'll be here soon enough even 256GB is only a couple of years away.(Remember Moore's Law*Smile).

Cliff S, May 13, 2015
  7. Write-once optical media won't get overwritten with malware (once it's been finalised).

Apparently you can buy read-only-lockable USB sticks, but I've never seen one advertised and I've never seen any in stores (here in Australia).

lehnerus2000, May 14, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

There are lockable USB sticks that have a switch on them (SD cards too) to lock it into read-only mode. However, the point being that if a big movie studio is distributing a 100GB movie, they can produce Write-once USB sticks that have no switch. Or they might even be ROM's and not flash at all, or have a small amount of rewriteable flash to allow things like feature keys and what not to be installed.

Regardless, spinning media has too many limitations. They can scratch, get warped in heat, limited size... then you need much more complex equipment to play it back, and it has moving parts that fail. And, a disk takes up a lot more room than a USB key, so it costs more to ship, package, and takes up more warehouse space.

I for one won't buy DVD's anymore. I only buy digital downloads.

Mystere, May 14, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Sorry Brink / Shawn

I appreciate your posts and assistance / tutorials etc but IMO Physical media is as DEAD as the dodo for things like Multi-media -- with fast Internet these days (and even if you don't have it NOW most people WILL have it soon enough) even a 4K HD movie won't take long to download / stream over the net.

Who needs physical players any more (apart from playing old legacy DVD's etc). Even if you don't have a smart TV those USB sticks with things like Amazon TV make streaming from the net a doddle.

I actually HAVE a Blu ray player --guess what - I've NEVER even played a SINGLE blu ray DVD in it -- I've just used MEZZMO to stream Blu ray quality HD to the device and play it into a TV.

Finally you also don't get those stupid regional limitations or DRM crud when streaming over the net either (or at least it's easily removed). Physical spinning media is just too much hassle these days - especially when the latest micro sdHC cards are projected to soon have capacities of 128 / 256 GB soon - so there's nothing to stop downloads to a mobile phone and then stream to a decent TV at full 4K HD quality.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 14, 2015
  10. Off course it is. I would rather have the media in my sweaty paw so I can do what I want with it. Digital file delivery is OK for instant gratification but I like the media hard copy. Amazon is great in this respect by providing a RIP till the CD arrives so I can them RIP it to FLAC.

Indianatone, May 14, 2015
  11. Depends if you consider 10+ years to be soon.
    Here in Australia, it's going to be a very long time before the majority of users will be able to stream 2160p.

The current LNP government is going out of its way to make sure that we never get optical fibre to the home (simply because the previous Labor government tried to introduce it).

We've only got Netflix a couple of months ago and apparently the national network is already clogged.

Here in Australia I've never heard of a mobile plan with 256 GB of data per month.

Our Internet package (landline) includes 200 GB of data per month, but the maximum speed is 6 Mb/s (and it usually seems to be a lot less than that).

lehnerus2000, May 14, 2015
  12. The same in many parts of the UK (outside the towns/cities), where I am the max speed is 2 Mb/s (on a very good day), we do get unlimited, but with these speeds its annoying to even download SD, never mind anything higher

It will be a sad day if physical media dies anytime soon

paulsalter, May 14, 2015
  13. Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo

Downloading the W10TP upgrades is quite annoying.

lehnerus2000, May 15, 2015
  14. BillyBob Win User
    So why do it, Is someone twisting your arm? Downloading updates is great for me, it gives me something new to look forward to.

BillyBob, May 15, 2015
  15. BillyBob Win User
    There are a few JB HiFi stores around where I live, I can assure you physical media is not going to die in the near future, it's amazing the amount of people still buying it.

BillyBob, May 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Blu-ray Disc Association New Ultra HD Blu-ray Specification and Logo - Similar Threads - Blu ray Disc

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Blu Ray Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  5. Blu-Ray disc support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  6. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  7. Copying video to Blu Ray Disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying video to Blu Ray Disc: Hi im trying to move or copy a MPEG2 video from PC to Blu Ray disc it just doesnt do it, for some reason , this error message may have something to do with it do i delete this desktop .ini file ? Thanks for your help ! [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  8. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?: I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer. When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens. Windows Media Player does not play it. Does it support Blu-Ray? Can anyone tell me how to play it? Thank you for your...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...