Windows 10: Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

Discus and support Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was burning a Blu-Ray DVD on a LGH WH16NS40 internal drive when a (huge) MS update started yesterday (4-5-2019). The disk was no good. After the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul in Phoenix, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

I was burning a Blu-Ray DVD on a LGH WH16NS40 internal drive when a (huge) MS update started yesterday (4-5-2019). The disk was no good. After the MS update completed, File Explorer will only recognize the BD-RE drive as a standard DVD drive when I load a standard DVD. When I load a Blu-Ray DVD, File Explorer does not see the drive at all. Ditto for Media Player and third party software like Leawo. I have uninstalled the drive and rebooted with no success. I uninstalled the ATA driver and rebooted too - no luck either. Used Windows search for newer driver and it says the one I have is current, although dated 2006. LG firmware is current. Any ideas on how to restore Blu-Ray capability?

:)

Paul in Phoenix, Apr 6, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 6, 2019
  3. solara54 Win User
    Blu Ray Fix on Windows 10

Is there a fix to use a blu ray writer on Windows 10? Do I have go back to Windows 7 to have my Samsung blu ray writer to be recognized? I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

solara54, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

blu-ray problem

hi everybody,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, earlier I had Blu-ray on my laptop but now after the upgrade I can't play the Blu-ray dvds , any remedies or suggestions plz.

thanks!

MOHSINQureshi3, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019

1. Blu-Ray not working after Windows Update April 2019 - Similar Threads - Blu Ray working

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Blu Ray Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  5. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  6. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  7. Blu ray player not working

Blu ray player not working: Recently reset my laptop, I now cant play DVD's or Blu Ray discs on my computer, tried searching for drivers but with no success. Does anyone have a resolution for this????? TIA...
  8. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  9. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer problems after april 2019 update