Windows 10: Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running

Discus and support Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I just noticed this recently but if I have an app running specifically, steam the blue background that shows on the "restarting/shutting down"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BCTheDude, Jan 26, 2024.

1. BCTheDude Win User

Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running

So, I just noticed this recently but if I have an app running specifically, steam the blue background that shows on the "restarting/shutting down" screen flashes gray before steam automatically closes itself and it restarts/shuts down, after the flash it returns back to blue and you can easily miss it if you blink or are not paying attention.Is this something of concern or nothing to worry about?

:)

BCTheDude, Jan 26, 2024

2. Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    2. Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jan 26, 2024
  3. Monitor displays dark gray blue screen after shutting down and restarting the computer.

I made the mistake of selecting sleep instead of shutdown under the power mode. When it come back on after shutting it down and rebooting it has a dark gray blue screen and I can here the Microsoft start up tune in the background but it does not ever display
    my screen so I can't use some of the solutions that have been given. Any suggestions on how to get my screen to display again? I just installed version 10 last week.

Original Title Sleep mode

LouiseGreathead, Jan 26, 2024
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running

Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jan 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running - Similar Threads - Blue background briefly

2. Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running: So, I just noticed this recently but if I have an app running specifically, steam the blue background that shows on the "restarting/shutting down" screen flashes gray before steam automatically closes itself and it restarts/shuts down, after the flash it returns back to blue...
  3. Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue background briefly flashes gray when attempting restart/shut-down if an app is running: So, I just noticed this recently but if I have an app running specifically, steam the blue background that shows on the "restarting/shutting down" screen flashes gray before steam automatically closes itself and it restarts/shuts down, after the flash it returns back to blue...
  4. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  5. Blue screens when shutting down

Blue screens when shutting down: My computer refuses to shut down it will give me a warning things are still running then start shutting down then after about 5 mins will blue screen? It works perfectly while it’s on but won’t shut down properly no clue why. submitted by /u/sammmy51 [link] [comments]...
  6. PC restart when shut down

PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  7. restarts when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558
  8. Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash: Run... I type in the command but when I press enter or OK button the normal Black Background screen flashes and disappears. The command does not run. I have repaired Windows 10 and the problem still exists....
  9. Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting: I recently got the latest update from Microsoft for my Toshiba laptop running windows 10 and from the update when i go to shut down or restart the laptop the screen below appears so how can i fix this please? http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...psm5kj2twd.jpg 96174
  10. pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background

in Windows 10 Support
    pc shuts down when writing email and big job running in background: PC is Dell Precision M6300 [Vista upgraded to Win 7] now running Win 10. Battery 98% and plugged in. Power setting Sleep after 2 hours when plugged in. 47585