Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM

Discus and support Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.

Have not tried a Clean Boot yet, will do so soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they solved it.

:)

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
  2. rlulin Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005

The Catalog did not like Edge. Worked fine with IE.

Thanks for the tip.

The settings-update had been going smoothly on various win10 pro (x32, x64) systems, either on metal or VM but went awry on an x64 Oracle VirtualBox win10x32 VM.

Now that one is OK.

Thanks again

rlulin, Jul 21, 2015
  3. NicholasBelessis Win User
    Mouse problem with W10 installation

Installed W10 and now both, my Logitech and touch pad mice do not work. The mouse pointer flickers between a pointer and a blue circle a couple times a second and hangs just to the right side of the middle of the screen. Trying to move it doesn't work.
    It jumps back to its spot. The only way I can get control of the mouse is if I hold down the ctrl key. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NicholasBelessis, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Never mind, just figured it out. It was caused by Mouse Integration being off in Oracel VB. Apparently Scroll Lock is now the key to flip this, where it used to be the right Ctrl key.

Unfortunately, Scroll Lock is also used by my KVM switch to toggle between two computers. I need to change Scroll Lock back to right Ctrl if I can.

Edit: Yeah! Was easy to do from Oracle VB Settings.

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
Thema:

Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM - Similar Threads - Blue circle pointer

1. Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen problem, blue screen with dots circle after Ann. Update: Running anniversary update here... I start my computer, then it loads until I get the main screen (with the clock and date), where I can choose my username and enter my password ( I have 5 users). Sometimes when clicking or typing enter, I can choose a user, type in my...
  2. Double mouse pointer& flashing blue circle while resting on desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Double mouse pointer& flashing blue circle while resting on desktop: Recently I am seeing my mouse pointer (while untouched and still on screen) change to a second pointer (as though it was siting just above a mirror) soon after I stop using the mouse/idle untouched, like a couple seconds and it happens. The blue circle appears in a flash,...
  3. Blue Circle on Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Circle on Right Click: Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD. Every time I log in I can right click anywhere I want with no issue. But if I choose to right the HDD under my computer I...
  4. How do you stop the flashing blue circle on a Intel corei5

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you stop the flashing blue circle on a Intel corei5: I have recently acquired a problem on my HP notebook core i5 where the loading cursor would blink nonstop. Most solutions pointed to the SimplePass app, but my core i5 does not have biometric sign in. So that is not an answer. Does anybody know what to do. 91853
  5. Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.: Would really appreciate any more help with this, it's driving me crazy! *Banghead The spinning wheel is very frequent within Google Chrome and I wonder if Chrome may be the problem. The wheel is spinning briefly on every new tab/web page I load and then a fraction longer even...
  6. W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart: Lenovo Y500 laptop takes hours to boot but then appears to run normally. It's been doing this for quite a while, I just haven't taken the time to try to track down the culprit. This is my daughter's laptop. Came as a Win8 or Win8.1 laptop and took the free upgrade to W10...
  7. why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?: I have successfully completed a download of windows 10 and it is running well so far but the blue circle that normally denotes something is downloading or changing is cons tantly flashing 57759