Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM

Discus and support Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.

Have not tried a Clean Boot yet, will do so soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they solved it.

:)

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
  2. rlulin Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005

The Catalog did not like Edge. Worked fine with IE.

Thanks for the tip.

The settings-update had been going smoothly on various win10 pro (x32, x64) systems, either on metal or VM but went awry on an x64 Oracle VirtualBox win10x32 VM.

Now that one is OK.

Thanks again

rlulin, Jul 21, 2015
  3. NicholasBelessis Win User
    Mouse problem with W10 installation

Installed W10 and now both, my Logitech and touch pad mice do not work. The mouse pointer flickers between a pointer and a blue circle a couple times a second and hangs just to the right side of the middle of the screen. Trying to move it doesn't work.
    It jumps back to its spot. The only way I can get control of the mouse is if I hold down the ctrl key. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NicholasBelessis, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Never mind, just figured it out. It was caused by Mouse Integration being off in Oracel VB. Apparently Scroll Lock is now the key to flip this, where it used to be the right Ctrl key.

Unfortunately, Scroll Lock is also used by my KVM switch to toggle between two computers. I need to change Scroll Lock back to right Ctrl if I can.

Edit: Yeah! Was easy to do from Oracle VB Settings.

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM - Similar Threads - Blue circle pointer

2. err_connection_refused on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    err_connection_refused on all browsers: My son's computer has been having this issue for several weeks now, that he cannot access ANY website on any browser. We just get "err_connection_refused". It happens in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. So it is not an issue with any specific browser. It is not a...
  3. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...
  4. screen time issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen time issue: I have created a Microsoft family and my child plays using his own account with a limited screen time. However, Microsoft constantly sends numerous requests for more screen time at night when my child is asleep. I know that PC was powered on but nobody was at the computer....
  5. Blue Screen

Blue Screen: So my computer works and then shuts off to blue screen. It has had multiple codes and they are as follows: IRQL_not_less_or_equal Kmode Bad Pool Header System Thread Exception not Handled I think my hard drive is failing but can anyone give me advice. If I need a new...
  6. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing: Hello, I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and then jump to where it intended on being. This happens about every half a minute and I can't seem to fix the issue. Things...
  7. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  8. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...
  9. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered: I have problem with the process windows malware excecutable in task manager on my surface pro4 , basically if im running without power connection just with battery the process use arount 14% of cpu in background as soon as i connect the power cable to the surface pro the...
  10. How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?: My flash drive is entirely formatted with encrypted LUKS (done on a real Ubuntu 16.04 desktop). I want to mount it in my Ubuntu 16.04 VM running in HyperV on my new Windows 10 Pro laptop (i9, 32GB ram...). SO I need a way to take this USB drive offline (apparently not an...