Windows 10: Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM

Discus and support Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM

This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it.

Have not tried a Clean Boot yet, will do so soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they solved it.

:)

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
  2. rlulin Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005

The Catalog did not like Edge. Worked fine with IE.

Thanks for the tip.

The settings-update had been going smoothly on various win10 pro (x32, x64) systems, either on metal or VM but went awry on an x64 Oracle VirtualBox win10x32 VM.

Now that one is OK.

Thanks again

rlulin, Jul 21, 2015
  3. Mouse problem with W10 installation

Installed W10 and now both, my Logitech and touch pad mice do not work. The mouse pointer flickers between a pointer and a blue circle a couple times a second and hangs just to the right side of the middle of the screen. Trying to move it doesn't work.
    It jumps back to its spot. The only way I can get control of the mouse is if I hold down the ctrl key. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NicholasBelessis, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Never mind, just figured it out. It was caused by Mouse Integration being off in Oracel VB. Apparently Scroll Lock is now the key to flip this, where it used to be the right Ctrl key.

Unfortunately, Scroll Lock is also used by my KVM switch to toggle between two computers. I need to change Scroll Lock back to right Ctrl if I can.

Edit: Yeah! Was easy to do from Oracle VB Settings.

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM - Similar Threads - Blue circle pointer

2. Gray circle on screen at all times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray circle on screen at all times: Here's an example of what it looks like on my screen. It's not a monitor issue to my knowledge because it appears on the screenshot and it's below the cursor. Does anyone know what this is?...
  3. W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM: Hi folks : Seems crazy that on KVM/QEMU on a 64 GB RAM HOST - W2K19 server only needs as default 2 vCPU's (out of 16 available on my machine) and 2GB RAM whilst the recommended config for W10 PRO is 4 vCPU's and 4GB RAM. As I've mentioned elsewhere the W2K19 SERVER really...
  4. W10 Pro x64 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  5. 1903 with spinning blue circle for pointer, won’t boot

1903 with spinning blue circle for pointer, won’t boot: Two days after upgrading to 1903 I installed new audio driver to fix audio problem. Now when i boot I just get the circle of white dots and a blue circle for a pointer. Startup repair did not fix it. There are no restore points yet. Help!...
  6. mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle: In Windows 10 1809. I fixed the mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle, but it's back !!! Checked the community and found no information to fix it......
  7. pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64: For some reason PdaNet is causing a BSOD when the process crashes. When I go to end the process in Task Manager, it causes a BSOD. :/ 97602
  8. W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses: Good Afternoon All, My company is looking at migrating to W10 from W7. I spent a lot of time on my workstation cleaning off the consumer oriented junk, and closing all the nefarious spyware/telemetry. I signed up for the W10 Enterprise edition trial and threw it in a VM,...
  9. Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64: I'm running 10 Pro x64 on a machine with an i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz, 8GB DDR3 and a 300GB WD HLHX 10k RPM raptor drive. Also have NVIDIA Quardo NVS 420 video card with 3x Dell 1908FP monitors hooked up. Nothing crazy in terms of hardware but should be MORE THAN ENOUGH to run W10 Pro...
  10. Circle near the Pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Circle near the Pointer: Hello Forum, Recently I have noticed, each time I click once (not double-click to open it) on any file, starts for a moment or two, a revolving circle (like a clock), same when I point (select) several files to move them elswere, is it normal or something wrong starts....