Windows 10: Blue death while resetting pc

Discus and support Blue death while resetting pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to do a hard reset and delete all my private files. The resetting started and after a while Im getting only blue death with code :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LukacsSzilard, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Blue death while resetting pc

I wanted to do a hard reset and delete all my private files. The resetting started and after a while Im getting only blue death with code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, creating a restarting loop. Please help!

:)

LukacsSzilard, Jan 12, 2021

2. Repeated Blue Screen of Death, cannot reset PC

Hello,

While I was working on my Windows 10 PC, writing in a Word Document, I was suddenly met with a Blue Screen of Death, without any other issues or warnings leading up to it. I attempted to restart the PC, but every time I do I immediately get another Blue
    Screen of Death. This appears to not be caused by any action on my part, but rather it seems to depend on the amount of time Windows is running (roughly ~1 min). The Stop Code for the Blue Screen of Death changes each time, switching between UNEXPECTED KERNEL
    MODE TRAP and WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. Sometimes, the Blue Screen of Death seems to be unable to finish its "Collection of Error information", but freezes at 0% until I do a hard reboot.

Some short reading online says that these two stop codes indicate two completely different issues, so I'm not sure why they are both happening at the same time. An UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP implies a corrupted driver, so a reset of Windows should fix that.
    The WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR however suggests a hardware failure; however, my experience seems to suggest that it cannot possibly be a hardware problem as I explain below.

I attempted to reset the PC, to preserve my files and delete all apps and reset all settings. However, roughly one minute into the reset process the Blue Screen of Death happens anyway, causing the reset process to abort. My files are not backed up from
    this PC, I cannot afford to do a reset that will delete them.

Also, my PC is a dual boot with Ubuntu 16 installed alongside Windows 10. I am currently writing this post from the Ubuntu side, which has not crashed at all, and thus proves that the hardware of the PC is not causing the issue.

EDIT: Other things I've tried so far:

Load in a different Operating System (Windows Recovery Environment) - absolutely no change, either better or worse

Startup/Disk Repair - Is able to identify errors, but unable to correct them

System Restore - No saved restore points (why isn't it automatic?), crashes (BSOD) while I'm on that screen

Uninstall recent updates - Crashes (BSOD) before it can finish

Boot in Safe Mode - Does NOT crash. However, I am unable to narrow down what causes the issue.

Memory diagnostic tool - No issues detected

Boot logging - Boot log of the PC crashing is identical to booting in Safe Mode

What do I do?

Nathan

Nathan1123, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Blue death while resetting pc

1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Blue death while resetting pc

1. Blue death while resetting pc - Similar Threads - Blue death while

2. My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.: This is the error i get.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎20/‎2024 2:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2:...
  3. My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.: This is the error i get.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎20/‎2024 2:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2:...
  4. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming: So I recently rebuilt my pc about 2 months ago, new case, new corsair ram, corsair water cooler and fans. When I rebuilt my pc it ran fine then started blue screening from the hard drive it was on got corrupted, I reinstalled windows on a different drive that has 300gb of...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming: So I recently rebuilt my pc about 2 months ago, new case, new corsair ram, corsair water cooler and fans. When I rebuilt my pc it ran fine then started blue screening from the hard drive it was on got corrupted, I reinstalled windows on a different drive that has 300gb of...
  6. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My pc crashes with a blue screen of death while gaming.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc crashes with a blue screen of death while gaming.: So, I recently started experiencing blue screens out of nowhere caused by ntoskrnl.exe+1c3b20. I found a solution that said that I should install my chipset drivers which worked for some time but now I had another crash. I've also tried to run a memory diagnostic which didn't...
  8. Repeated Blue Screen of Death, cannot reset PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repeated Blue Screen of Death, cannot reset PC: Hello, While I was working on my Windows 10 PC, writing in a Word Document, I was suddenly met with a Blue Screen of Death, without any other issues or warnings leading up to it. I attempted to restart the PC, but every time I do I immediately get another Blue Screen of...
  9. Blue screen of death not letting my reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death not letting my reset my PC: I tried resetting my PC because I got the blue screen of death a few nights ago, I tried resetting to the factory settings, wiping everything but before my PC was about to reset I got the blue screen of death "Your PC ran into an error and is not going to restart" and then it...
  10. Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game: Over the past years, my PC has been crashing while I am playing games. It never crashed, but now it has started again. I believe that it has to do with the cooling or heating of the PC. The crash only happens in the summer which suggests to me it has to do with the heat. It...