Windows 10: blue File menu on File Explorer

Discus and support blue File menu on File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The File menu on Explorer has some useful shortcuts [img] If you select / highlight a folder in File Explorer and and then pick Open Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slartybart, Jan 30, 2015.

1. blue File menu on File Explorer

The File menu on Explorer has some useful shortcuts

blue File menu on File Explorer [​IMG]

If you select / highlight a folder in File Explorer and and then pick Open Command Prompt, then the Current Directory (CD) in Cmd is the folder selected in file Explorer. You don't have to change directories in Cmd.

:)

Slartybart, Jan 30, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 30, 2015
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Jan 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

blue File menu on File Explorer

Nice.. how do you get to that?? Dumb question I know but I can't find it. *Sad

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  5. unifex Win User
    Hmm ... you just click on the blue tile that says "File" in the upper left corner of the explorer.

unifex, Jan 30, 2015
  6. Just realized the same menu is in Win 8.1 but the "Delete History" Option has been changed to "Change Folder and Search Options in Win 10.

IownAmoneyPit, Jan 30, 2015
  7. Yeah, I wondered if I just missed that feature in Win8 - good to know and thanks.

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

blue File menu on File Explorer

1. blue File menu on File Explorer - Similar Threads - blue File menu

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. File Explorer menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer menu missing: I am running Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 with 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5007262. My problem is that File Explorer does not display a menu bar and none of the solutions posted in the Microsoft Community fix the problem.Here is a screen...
  5. File Explorer menu missing

File Explorer menu missing: I am running Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 with 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5007262. My problem is that File Explorer does not display a menu bar and none of the solutions posted in the Microsoft Community fix the problem.Here is a screen...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  7. Lagging File explorer menu graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging File explorer menu graphics: any one having this issue? i cant work out the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-file-explorer-menu-graphics/60e603d4-f363-4351-8983-95aa06bc9efc
  8. Menu bar missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menu bar missing in file explorer: i installed skin theme for windows, after i uninstall skin theme , i was found that missing tool bar in file explorer.Help to advise how to replace to old explorer. [ATTACH]...
  9. A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?

in Windows 10 Support
    A confusion in file explorer menu nomenclature?: Hi, in the ribbon there are two instances of 'Type' when specifying search parameters. [img] The upper one is actually 'Kind' - the kind of file e.g. video, picture etc and is expressed as kind:= in the search field. The lower is the file type, expressed as type: in...
  10. File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Navigation Menu Icons: I am totally baffled, new install upgrade from Win7 and I cannot understand why the folder icons are kind of incomplete - anyone any ideas ??? 22884