Windows 10: Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003)

Discus and support Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I recently got my hands on one of the old 2003 pc games me and my cousin used to play when we were younger and we decided to take a trip down memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shadowwyrd, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003)

So I recently got my hands on one of the old 2003 pc games me and my cousin used to play when we were younger and we decided to take a trip down memory lane lol

We installed it, I tried running it on default - it crashed.
    So I tried running it with the recommended troubleshoot settings - and it worked! We were excited and created a character but thats when we ran into the problem.

When the character entered the world, the graphics were over-saturated. Like bright blue/green/purple colours on the people and buildings. (I will attach a photo).

I tried everything. I cannot run it on anything except Windows XP otherwise it crashes. I tried running it on 16bit aswell - and it crashes. I even tried running it through Dxwnd and it just crashed.

Honestly Ive tried everything and now I dont know what to do lol
    Im using Windows 10 64bit and running it through compatibility settings on Windows XP (which is what makes it run normally). DirectX is enabled.

The game were trying to play is Willowbrook Stables (2003), there are two versions of it, but theyre both exactly the same.

The only issue is the graphics and I have no idea how to fix it. It is crucial to see all colours in the game appropriately, as the whole goal of the game is to collect gold.

Please help?

Here is what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/BTn19sd.png

:)

shadowwyrd, Aug 11, 2019

2. Error on Gaming. Help please!

Hi Mike,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to all games?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

For your reference:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2019
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003)

Microsoft game "Freelancer(2003)" on windows 10?

@anil: The problem with this game as well as another Microsoft Game, Original Rise of Nations, is that the games give an error that the games require administrator rights. This is a known issue for these games. The users are all getting this error even
    though they are using admin accounts to install the game. Also setting the game in compatibility mode for any other version of windows and ticking the box that says "Run this program as an administrator" does not correct the issue.

kevinthemogul, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003)

1. Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003) - Similar Threads - Blue green graphics

2. Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003: Review 2668 Al Mallah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-dsl-modem-saudi-telecom-company-2003/05ae86a7-4002-4500-bc71-800daf3631c5
  3. Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old DSL Modem Saudi Telecom Company 2003: Review 2668 Al Mallah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-dsl-modem-saudi-telecom-company-2003/05ae86a7-4002-4500-bc71-800daf3631c5
  4. Blue screen green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen green screen: Ive previously opened one of these and i had 3 dudes spamming at once and it didnt let me messege i have been on a greenscreen wich looks like this and im in safe mode looking at my mini dump files but i dont know how to upload then due to safe mode not having interent...
  5. Blue/Green Screen error after initial boot

Blue/Green Screen error after initial boot: When I turn on my PC, I will get a blue screen after logging in to Windows. It doesn't matter if the PC is idle or I'm doing something, it'll Blue Screen after a minute or so with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. When the computer restarts, it run just fine with no...
  6. blue and green screen only

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue and green screen only: my desktop screen is only blue and green how can i change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-and-green-screen-only/8c59d09d-ee5a-4f21-9a60-ac4a688bc21b
  7. Old game Total club manager 2003 On windows 10

Old game Total club manager 2003 On windows 10: Dear microsoft, I'm trying and trying. I've Done all kinds of compatability settings to try and run an old game. The game, Total club manager 2003, is simply unable to run on windows 10. can you help me out, make an update or something. As it is, im trying to reinstall win 7...
  8. Red/Blue/Green Screen

Red/Blue/Green Screen: Hi, I have a student who came to see me today with a Surface Go device where the screen will randomly turn to a solid colour and then freeze. The colour that it turns to is based on whatever she set the Windows colour scheme to i.e. red colour screen means screen turns red,...
  9. play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.: hi can anyone help with my question. I have an old game of LINKS 2003 which I found in the cupboard and decided I couldn't play it on windows 10. would anyone know if this is going to be possible or will I just scrap it? thank you in advance. cheers Narelle...
  10. Blue and green screen

Blue and green screen: My compter keeps going back and forth from a blue screen to a green screen. I cannot get onto my compter whatsoever. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/blue-and-green-screen/568a6cb4-d4d5-44ae-90b2-adb048ebb74d