Windows 10: Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

Discus and support Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rhys, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rhys Win User

Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

Hi all,

As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes? It's frustrating as I appreciate what I can view as currently open. The only way I can resolve the issue (albeit temporary) is by changing my screen resolution settings. They reappear but disappear again after a few minutes. Thoughts?

:)

2. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

I'd like to remove the line displayed under running apps in the taskbar, this:

Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar [​IMG]

For everyone who uses non-combined labeled apps this is super annoying, especially on dark theme.
    There was a long thread here but the solution presented only works for windows build 1609.
    Some also suggested to simply set up monitor to hide those 2-3 pixels, but that would be a problem for using certain apps.

Is there a currently working solution to remove it? Or maybe a color code to make it darker?

poisonborz, Jan 25, 2020
  3. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ? - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

Josey Wales, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

Taskbar Lines

Hi,

If your taskbar is hidden in desktop or tablet mode, once that you hover your mouse at the bottom of your screen, the taskbar will still appear. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to have a screenshot of the horizontal lines that you are seeing.

In the meantime, we suggest that you restart the Windows Explorer:

• Press Windows key + R to launch
      Run prompt.
    • Type taskmgr.exe, and then press Enter to open
      Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows
      Explorer.
    • Click on it, and then click the Restart button on the lower-right corner.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

1. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Blue Line under

2. Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not displaying blue line under open apps nor will peek work: I am running windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad with two additional monitors. There are no pending Windows 10 updates. As you can see there are Outlook windows open as well as Chrome yet there is no line. For some reason the control panel does show the blue line. The...
  3. Line under taskbar icons not working

Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  4. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  5. How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?

How to remove the line in taskbar under running applications?: I'd like to remove the line displayed under running apps in the taskbar, this: [img] For everyone who uses non-combined labeled apps this is super annoying, especially on dark theme. There was a long thread here but the solution presented only works for windows build...
  6. Green Line Under Taskbar

Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  7. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735
  8. How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?

How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?: I want to increase the width of the lines under the open items in task bar in windows 10...the lines that currently appear are too narrow and a little hard to see. Can this be possibly done, even if it's through the use of a third-party software? Or otherwise, is there anyway...
  9. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar: Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this? I want to change the...
  10. How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?: When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? [img] 9816

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar get lines under running programs