Windows 10: Blue lines across monitor

Discus and support Blue lines across monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello i have been recently experiencing an issue where there are blue lines across my monitor when i watch a movie or play games also it looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jay2OR, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Jay2OR Win User

Blue lines across monitor

Hello i have been recently experiencing an issue where there are blue lines across my monitor when i watch a movie or play games
    also it looks like its on one half of the screen

Snaggy - easy screenshots
    here is what it looks like

:)

Jay2OR, Jun 9, 2016

2. blue line across screen

I have a blue line across my screen. It appears to be a program that has been condensed to one thin line. If I run the cursor over it, it runs behind the line. anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

EugeneMcPartland, Jun 9, 2016
  3. blue line across screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Did you restart the pc to check if the issue re-occurs?

Please post a screen shot of that window in your reply. Take a screen shot of that window, paste in paint and save it on the desktop. On the Microsoft Community website when you click reply you will see the option “Add Image” at the top most
    part of the reply window. Click on Add Image, browse to the desktop, select the picture and upload it.

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

There are no blue lines visible in your screenshot which means that your graphics device works and Windows has no graphics issues. If the lines are visible on display but not in screenshots, it usually indicates a hardware issue, your display in this case.

Your screenshot here, as I said no blue lines visible:

Blue lines across monitor [​IMG]

Kari, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Jay2OR Win User
    Yes it looks like when i take it to the left half of the screen the lines go when i bring it back it comes back it's not lines it like dots and they like surround and object

took a picture maybe this might give an idea

Blue lines across monitor [​IMG]

Jay2OR, Jun 9, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Again, if a photo taken of display shows the lines but the screenshot does not show them, there's nothing wrong in Windows but instead it's a hardware issue with your display, or cable connecting display.

Kari, Jun 9, 2016
  7. Jay2OR Win User
    My Monitor only takes Displayport the end connecting to the monitor seems a little bent and wiggly as i just inspected, i will replace it and see if that resolves the issue. Thank you

Jay2OR, Jun 9, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

You are welcome.

When you have some strange lines, colours or any disturbances on your screen, it's always a good idea to make a screenshot and upload it to any service, for instance OneDrive, then open the screenshot and check it on another machine (not on the possibly damaged display).

If you cannot see the disturbances in screenshot checking it on another PC / display, it means that Windows and your GPU are working together to produce the signal to your display correctly. Not a Windows issue, not a GPU issue. In this case you have to start looking for an explanation on your monitor; it might be "dying", it might have a lose connector, the display cable might be damaged and so on.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue lines across monitor - Similar Threads - Blue lines across

2. Blue line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue line: Stopped working & blue line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-line/3ad980db-e088-4992-97db-f31518b13220
  3. Blue line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue line: Stopped working & blue line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-line/3ad980db-e088-4992-97db-f31518b13220
  4. Blue line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue line: Hi,I currently have my PC connected to a 4K tv running at 1080p.I seem to have randomly blue lines occasionally flickering on my screen.They don't stay on for very long, it's a blink and you will miss it type thing. However, it can get a little distracting.The computer runs...
  5. Blue line

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue line: Hi,I currently have my PC connected to a 4K tv running at 1080p.I seem to have randomly blue lines occasionally flickering on my screen.They don't stay on for very long, it's a blink and you will miss it type thing. However, it can get a little distracting.The computer runs...
  6. Blue line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. White lines across the blue screen

White lines across the blue screen: Windows 10 has installed updates and now on boot I see white lines on a blue screen or just a black screen. I spent a lot of time to find a solution to launch: replace the files atikmdag.sys, atikmpag.sys in the '\system32\drivers' folder with files from the Windows 8 driver...
  8. Vertical lines across bottom of screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Vertical lines across bottom of screen.: Hi all, I posted in here about a live account that I couldn't get into a while back. I ended up just reinstalling windows. Anyway all has been good my pc has been great. But today I turn it on and the bottom half of my screen has vertical black and white lines for some...
  9. There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen

There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen: Brand new PC - Windows 10 Graphics Card: GEFORCE GTX 1669 Super From initial load to setting up windows these lines have appears. I downloaded/install all windows updated And downloaded/installed NVIDA experience gaming plus driver. I've also tried multiple screens 2x...
  10. Line on monitor

Line on monitor: I have a HP Pavilion, recently a thin blue line appeared on the monitor from top to bottom 5 inches from the left side of the screen. I have tried many ways to get rid of it all failed. Any ideas would be welcome....