Windows 10: Blue question mark on drive icon?

Discus and support Blue question mark on drive icon? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have three different USB portable drives and when I plug one of them into my laptop, I get a blue question mark on the drive icon. I went to device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darwinconan, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Blue question mark on drive icon?

I have three different USB portable drives and when I plug one of them into my laptop, I get a blue question mark on the drive icon. I went to device manager and saw it there and the device manager re-assured me that the USB drive was being recognized. I cannot write or read anything from usb portable drive. I checked my BIOS only to find it in there. I try all three of my USB portable drives and I get the same blue question mark and cannot read or write to the drives. Also, all 3 USB portable drives work with my other computer. all help is much appreciated!-- Thanks,Darwin

:)

Darwinconan, Jul 23, 2021

2. Big blue question mark over E:\ PathBlue question mark on drive icon? :Desktop drive box

Thanks I tried that no change to blue ? mark it said I had pc on never to do automatic updates I change that from manual setting

FavorMary007, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Optical drive shows blue question mark and become non responsive

Hello,

thank you for your reply

• Windows 10 has the latest updates
    • The DVD/CD-ROM is not visible anymore in control panel / device manager as soon as the blue question mark appears over the drive letter for the drive (in explorer) Hence a bit difficult to check the driver and to try to update it

TontonMike, Jul 23, 2021
  4. CathyL2 Win User

Blue question mark on drive icon?

D Drive- Blue question mark

Hi, I attempted to open/save to my thumb drive. However, my D Drive suddnly does not show; rather there is a blue question mark appears next to D:\\. Does with all thumb drives I attempt to open. Can you please advise? Thank you.

CathyL2, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Blue question mark on drive icon?

1. Blue question mark on drive icon? - Similar Threads - Blue question mark

2. Internal D drive has a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal D drive has a blue question mark.: how to fix blue question mark on internal D drive. I tried running chkdsk /d in command prompt but it says invalid input. I also tried finding the drive in device manager and it shows the drive but it is grayed out. sometimes it is not grayed out and when that happens, the...
  3. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable: My D: drive has disappeared from the "My PC" section in File Explorer and can only be found in Quick Access. It is inaccessible and has a blue question mark next to it. I did not do anything to the drive recently so I have no idea what has happened.I have tried:Disk Cleanup -...
  4. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable: My D: drive has disappeared from the "My PC" section in File Explorer and can only be found in Quick Access. It is inaccessible and has a blue question mark next to it. I did not do anything to the drive recently so I have no idea what has happened.I have tried:Disk Cleanup -...
  5. Blue Question Mark on D: drive, inaccessable

6. Blue Question Mark on Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Question Mark on Drive: Hello everyone,I have a Windows Datacenter 2019 Server and yesterday after the update, my C:\ Partition shows up fine but my D:\ partition with the Virtual Machines has a Blue Question Mark. I cannot find the partition under Disk Management. Is there a way to fix it?Please...
  7. Blue Question Mark on Drive

Blue Question Mark on Drive: Hello everyone,I have a Windows Datacenter 2019 Server and yesterday after the update, my C:\ Partition shows up fine but my D:\ partition with the Virtual Machines has a Blue Question Mark. I cannot find the partition under Disk Management. Is there a way to fix it?Please...
  8. Blue Question Mark on Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Blue Question Mark on D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Question Mark on D Drive: Hello, About a week ago I found that Steam and all of my files that were on my HDD were unavailable. They gave this error prompt when selected: [ATTACH] When I proceeded to check on my D Drive I found that I could not access it: [ATTACH] After going onto Device...
  10. blue question mark on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue question mark on my hard drive: hello, i have a problem every time i keep my PC on to download games, after a while the D drive gets a blue question mark on it as if its not available. when i restart the PC the drives comes back as normal but after while it happens again. its a 2TB drive and a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive flashes with blue question mark then disappears