Windows 10: Blue ray

Discus and support Blue ray in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What do I need to do to watch Blue ray movies I purchased. I have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skywitch, Nov 28, 2018.

1. skywitch Win User

Blue ray

What do I need to do to watch Blue ray movies I purchased. I have windows 10

:)

skywitch, Nov 28, 2018

2. blue ray player

Okay so I have found that there is supposedly a plug in for VLC player that allows for blue ray viewing, however it doesn't work worth a crap. *Laugh :laugh:

I am looking for a good blue ray player software as cheap as possible. What I have read is that the free ones are not worth a crap as well.

If anyone has a good suggestion on this, I am all ears. *Rockout :rockout:

stinger608, Nov 28, 2018
  3. DVD/Blue Ray drive not recognised

Hello and thanks for the reply, here is an update, this was an install/upgrade from windows 7, so I presumed that all the required updates from windows were down loaded as required. Running "DriverAgent" has sugested that all drivers are upto date. The blue
    ray drive on windows 7 has been fine up until this point. Method 1 has been run with nothing sugested as an issue. Method 2. I get lost after point 3 this brings up "Program compatability Troubleshooter and the option to follow instructions, nothing to select
    drivers and install.

Following the link to update drivers suggests to run "wuapp" this brings up a dialogue box that says windows cannot find wuapp, so that does not work!

Device manager shows no yellow triangles.

I removed the drive and tried it in my pc I use for day to day also on windows 10 and the ASUS BC-12B1ST drive was recognised. I don't have a spare Blue Ray drive so tried a normal dvd drive in the pc that would not see the bule ray. After reboot it saw
    the dvd drive and payed a dvd. Replacing with the blue ray drive it did not see it, so I powered down and changed the sata port. On powering up the pc did a couple more updates and the drive was now seen in device manager. Very fustrating and I wasted a whole
    afternoon on the exercise. So all was good?

Saturday night is movie night and a new blue ray disk loaded for the evening, all was well until 1 hour into the film when the sound started becoming intermittent and then the picture blocky, then the famous but new "blue screen of death" and the pc crashed
    and then rebooted. Very disapointing and no real explanation.

I have checked the ASUS web site to see if there is a firmware update for the drive and there appears not to be one it is version 1.02, the driver which microsoft says is up to date is 21 June 06 10.0.10586.0 sound a bit old to me.

I am using cyberlink Power DVD 15 to play Blue Ray because the operation system does not support blue ray as far as I am aware?

I am happy to send any log file though someone will need to tell me how to.

Any thoughts woud be apperciated.

MartinDavies, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Blue ray

Windows 10 and my inoperative Toshiba Satellite Blue Ray Disc Player

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Does the disk get detected by Blue Ray Player?

• What happens when you try to play Blue Ray Discs? Do you receive any error?

• Which program were you using earlier to play
      Blue Ray Discs?
    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Refer to the article below and refer to the section “Go back to your previous version of Windows” to Roll back:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Blue ray

1. Blue ray - Similar Threads - Blue ray

2. Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk...: Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk Player USB Stick. Had to convert it to mpg format. Why?I have lots of MP4 files created with old Windows 10 laptop and before, that still works. Only newer MP4 files, that has a message...
  3. Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk...: Newer MP4 Files created with Windows 11 do not work on Samsung BD-E5400 Blue Ray Disk Player USB Stick. Had to convert it to mpg format. Why?I have lots of MP4 files created with old Windows 10 laptop and before, that still works. Only newer MP4 files, that has a message...
  4. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?: I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-toshiba-portable-dvd-playing-can-it-play/b5c9ed2e-b80c-4893-8773-af4a5126d288
  5. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?: I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-toshiba-portable-dvd-playing-can-it-play/b5c9ed2e-b80c-4893-8773-af4a5126d288
  6. I have a Toshiba portable DVD playing, can it play Blue-Ray if I get the right soft ware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do you open the CD, DVD, Blue Ray disc on the Windows 11 Dell Desktop Computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you open the CD, DVD, Blue Ray disc on the Windows 11 Dell Desktop Computers?: I don't see any button to push, nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-open-the-cd-dvd-blue-ray-disc-on-the/e2ff43a7-d55a-4ff1-ae76-6992422f6ec0
  8. How do you open the CD, DVD, Blue Ray disc on the Windows 11 Dell Desktop Computers?

How do you open the CD, DVD, Blue Ray disc on the Windows 11 Dell Desktop Computers?: I don't see any button to push, nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-open-the-cd-dvd-blue-ray-disc-on-the/e2ff43a7-d55a-4ff1-ae76-6992422f6ec0
  9. Why won't Microsoft produce STAND ALONE Blue Ray Support Software???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't Microsoft produce STAND ALONE Blue Ray Support Software???: I sent this as IMPORTANT because about 50,000 Blue Ray Disc owners want an answer!Your feedback is very important for us! PROVE IT…DO SOMETHING!!!!! VLC won’t play Blue Ray with this software configuration Windows 10….period!!!!If I pay for Windows Blue Ray Player Pro I get...
  10. Why won't Microsoft produce STAND ALONE Blue Ray Support Software???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Microsoft produce STAND ALONE Blue Ray Support Software???: I sent this as IMPORTANT because about 50,000 Blue Ray Disc owners want an answer!Your feedback is very important for us! PROVE IT…DO SOMETHING!!!!! VLC won’t play Blue Ray with this software configuration Windows 10….period!!!!If I pay for Windows Blue Ray Player Pro I get...