Windows 10: Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

Discus and support Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Purchased my Surface Pro in June last year - i've had issues with red or blue dots and lines as per the screenshot below. Turning nightlight on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZachSmith95, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

Hi,

Purchased my Surface Pro in June last year - i've had issues with red or blue dots and lines as per the screenshot below.

Turning nightlight on and off temporarily overcomes the issue, but inevitably it always comes back.

This was happening as soon as I bought the laptop.

Any suggestions as to what the issue is?

Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro [​IMG]

:)

ZachSmith95, Mar 3, 2021

2. red line on screen of Surface Pro

why do i have a vertical red line on screen of surface pro?

AndrewBray1, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Crest_Z Win User
    red line on screen of Surface Pro

Hi AndrewBray1,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

The vertical red line on screen may appear if your Surface device is already experiencing a hardware display issue and to confirm whether it's really a hardware problem, you have to check if the this vertical red line is present in the UEFI environment.
    It's an outside Windows environment and if the issue is present in UEFI/Firmware Settings or even in choose an option screen, then this means that you need to get a replacement for this unit if this really bothers you.

To access UEFI/Firmware Settings :

Press and hold the Shift Key + Restart ( go to power option and select "Restart"while you press and hold the shift key). Once choose an option screen appears, check if the issue is present and proceed to the UEFI screen.
    Simply select Troubleshoot > Advance Option >
    UEFI/Firmware Settings
    > Restart. Once done checking if the issue is present in UEFI, press
    Exit to restart your device.

If the issue is not present in the UEFI settings, please follow the steps below to initially troubleshoot the issue.

Open Device Manager

Expand Display Adapter

Right-click on the display drivers available and select "Uninstall Device".
    If a pop-up shows up, leave the box uncheck and after uninstalling the driver, please restart your Surface to reinstall it automatically.

If this answers your question, feel free to mark this post as an answer. Otherwise, don't hesitate to respond to this thread if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Crest_Z, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

Red and blue line on screen

I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks

enigma1944, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

1. Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Blue Red Dotes

2. Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines: Hello, I have an hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I turn on my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after using some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the...
  3. Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line: Hello, I have a hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I start my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the time. What...
  4. Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line: Hello, I have a hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I start my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the time. What...
  5. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  6. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  7. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13": So, recently I started seeing these red dots and lines on the lock screen of my black 13" i5-256GB-8GB Laptop 3. They've started to appear on my desktop and in apps, as well. However, when screenshotted, they disappear, so I had to take photos of it on my phone. [IMG]...
  8. red circle with a line through it

red circle with a line through it: how to I delete a 'red circle with a line through it' from my screen? I have no idea why it appeared in the first place! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-a-line-through-it/42d8bf4d-b02b-453f-abd2-504d87df016d
  9. horizontal red lines on screen

horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  10. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...