Windows 10: Blue screen after auto upgrade

Discus and support Blue screen after auto upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an auto upgrade to my HP Pavillion, I received the blue screen. Tried to reboot and uninstall upgrades. No luck.Tried to backup my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScubaDogBjm, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Blue screen after auto upgrade

After an auto upgrade to my HP Pavillion, I received the blue screen. Tried to reboot and uninstall upgrades. No luck.Tried to backup my computer and received error code 6.

Blue screen indicated a stop code error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

Called HP .We tried a few checks ,C drive is corrupted. They want to restore to factory settings. I lose everything.

Before I do this , is there anything else I can do?

:)

ScubaDogBjm, Sep 19, 2020

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue screen after auto upgrade

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen after auto upgrade

1. Blue screen after auto upgrade - Similar Threads - Blue screen auto

2. Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade: Hello all! I recently upgraded my prebuilt PC and I've been having blue screen issues ever since I upgraded. I upgraded the processor to a Ryzen 5600x, the RAM to this RAM kit and the motherboard to this ASRock mobo I've gotten a variety of blue screen codes:...
  3. Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade: Hello all! I recently upgraded my prebuilt PC and I've been having blue screen issues ever since I upgraded. I upgraded the processor to a Ryzen 5600x, the RAM to this RAM kit and the motherboard to this ASRock mobo I've gotten a variety of blue screen codes:...
  4. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  5. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  6. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Blue screen and no microphone after upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen and no microphone after upgrading: Dear MS community: After upgrading the system to 20H2 and to 21H1, I cannot use the microphone, issuse here:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Microphone-audio-input-problem/m-p/8076528 and frequently has the blue screen with the stop code:...
  8. Blue screens after Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after Ram upgrade: Hi, I got new Ram to Christmas and i wanted to install it wich I did. But now if I am using the Pc Blue screens are coming realy often here are some of them: Kmode exception not handelt, driver_verifier_detected_violation, Irql not equal or less, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...
  9. Blue hue on one screen after "Auto Upgrade"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blue hue on one screen after "Auto Upgrade": In early October I went to shut down the PC and instead on "Shut Down" the option was "Upgrade and Shut down", clicked it and walked away. On restarting the next day I found one of my two screens had a blue hue to it. Tried changeing screen menus... no good. check driver...
  10. regarding blue screen after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    regarding blue screen after upgrade: The laptop supposedly completely upgraded to Wind ows 10, but after it's put on now the blue screen shows up with four options to choose from which are the continue, device, troubleshoot or turn PC off ones. Certainly, at least some of you must be familiar with this kind of...