Windows 10: Blue screen after changing boot order

Discus and support Blue screen after changing boot order in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have dual boot on my laptop win 10 on a M2 pcie and ubuntu on a ssd. Since i installed ubuntu almost 1 year ago i had ubuntu on first boot, and both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daninnho, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Blue screen after changing boot order

I have dual boot on my laptop win 10 on a M2 pcie and ubuntu on a ssd. Since i installed ubuntu almost 1 year ago i had ubuntu on first boot, and both worked fine. Since a couple if weeks i noticed windows would boot first, and i checked today my boot order and saw it changed by itself, i changed it back to ubuntu first as i had to log into ubuntu to get some stuff. When I tried go boot windows i got blue screen with the the stop code NTFS FILE SYSTEM, safe mode does not work, i do not have a restore point, checked the ram, checked my file system and partition with cmd(seems fine), nothing works. Do i have any solution other than new install? I do not want to lose some data i have in C.

submitted by /u/daninnho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/daninnho, Dec 4, 2020

2. Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Blue screen after changing boot order

Can't Change Boot Order

Cloned original C:\ drive to an SSD drive then followed the windows procedure to get to BIOS to change the boot order:

• Settings
    • Update and Security
    • Recovery - Restart Now
    • Troubleshoot
    • Advanced Options
    • UEFI Firmware Settings
    • Restart
    The last restart does not take me to BIOS. I just get a blank screen. Esc key gets me back to Windows, but I don't want to format the original C:\ drive for other use until I am able to change the boot order. How do I do that?

GregCowling, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen after changing boot order

1. Blue screen after changing boot order - Similar Threads - Blue screen changing

2. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  3. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  4. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing service order at boot network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing service order at boot network: Hello,I have a little problem on windows 11. My PC boot fast, really fast. The problem is that network starts too late. Must wait a few second after boot for the network card to get the IP. It is a problem for some software that wants to update at start, but they start before...
  6. how to change boot order

how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  7. Boot Up order changed after BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Up order changed after BSOD: Hi Guys, I have had my boot up SSD for a while (Crucial MX500 SATA III) and it's been fine but while playing a game I got a blue screen and it reverted to the hard drive as the boot up drive. I have found that the only way to revert this back to the Crucial is by fully...
  8. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order: In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983
  9. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  10. Changed Boot order after Windows 10 update

Changed Boot order after Windows 10 update: Afternoon, On Sunday I switch off my PC and had an update and shutdown option which I did. I then went out for several hours. We had a broadband failure for several days but the computer was properly off when I came to reboot so assume the update had completed before this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shows bsod when boot order changed ubuntu