Windows 10: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

Discus and support Blue screen after changing msconfig settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my ram and realised that a whole 8gb was dedicated to hardware. I searched for a way to change this and came across a guy saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glooc, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Glooc Win User

Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

I recently upgraded my ram and realised that a whole 8gb was dedicated to hardware. I searched for a way to change this and came across a guy saying you should change the max memory value to 0 and uncheck the box under the boot tab in msconfig, so i blindly followed along. I am now getting blue screens and am unable to boot my PC. I was advised to download windows on my usb and try to reinstall it from there, but when I reach the selecting drive stage, I get a GPT partition style error under both my ssd and hdd. Any ideas on what I should do? I would also really like to avoid losing my files a

:)

Glooc, Jun 11, 2021

2. Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Blue screen after changing msconfig settings - Similar Threads - Blue screen changing

2. Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: You have answered the question für Windows 10, but the solution command prompt with deletevalue doesn't Work for Windows 11.So Here ist what I did:Msconfig / System configuration / boot / advanced options: activated checkbox. 32GB we're displayed. I agreed and Made a reboot....
  3. Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: You have answered the question für Windows 10, but the solution command prompt with deletevalue doesn't Work for Windows 11.So Here ist what I did:Msconfig / System configuration / boot / advanced options: activated checkbox. 32GB we're displayed. I agreed and Made a reboot....
  4. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...: I have 16gb ram, after i checked it and confirm i went back and it said 0, thought that wad normal confirn changes reset pc and i got blue screen of death how fix...
  5. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...: I have 16gb ram, after i checked it and confirm i went back and it said 0, thought that wad normal confirn changes reset pc and i got blue screen of death how fix...
  6. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen

MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen: Windows 10 Pro - latest updates Windows would not go into Safe Mode, thus I tried some known effective fixes. Nothing worked. I then made the mental error of opening MSCONFIG and selecting minimal boot radio button. Since the PC won't go into safe mode at all, the PC now...
  8. Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000

Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000: Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 with 16 GB dedicated ram. I did the following: msconfig > boot > advanced options > maxiumm memory > 8000 After pressing apply > ok > restart, I get the blue screen of death saying "Bad System Config Info". What's going on? This happened...
  9. I reacently changed my msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I reacently changed my msconfig settings: So i just change my maximum boot memory to around 200 mb and now my pc crashes when i try to boot. So i made it into automatic repair and i am wondering what to do from there to reset my msconfig settings. Please help, i dont want to have to reset my pc....
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluescreen error windows 10 after change cpu cores

2. windows 10 not boot due to msconfig setting error