Windows 10: blue screen after closing lid ?

Discus and support blue screen after closing lid ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i am running an hp notebook, with 16gb ram and 1 tb sdd, and win 10 pro. after installation of Pro, i set sleep etc to do nothing when the lid is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johncraig8, Jun 6, 2019.

1. blue screen after closing lid ?

i am running an hp notebook, with 16gb ram and 1 tb sdd, and win 10 pro. after installation of Pro, i set sleep etc to do nothing when the lid is closed. i need it that way to run periodic a/v scans. i cannot just leave it open or the cat will have a field day lol. does anyone have any suggestions ( other than going to settings ) ?

:)

johncraig8, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

Bree, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Lock Screen on lid close

When I close the lid of the laptop the screen doesn't lock automatically like it used to do on windows 8, it doesn't do anything. I also cannot find any settings on that on windows 10. Any directions or suggestions?

Maria Atha, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

blue screen after closing lid ?

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

blue screen after closing lid ?

1. blue screen after closing lid ? - Similar Threads - blue screen closing

2. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  3. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  4. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  5. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  6. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  7. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  8. Lid Close Action

Lid Close Action: Windows 11 on an HP Envy computer. Cannot find, "Lid close action," which should be under "Change Advanced Power Settings." which should be under "Change Plan Settings," which should be under "Power Options," which should be under "Hardware and Sound" which should be under...
  9. Close a lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  10. LID close screen still on

in Windows 10 Support
    LID close screen still on: Hello there, I've an odd problem with my laptop, Asus ROG, When I close the lid the screen still on! any advice please? thanks *Smile 106314