Windows 10: Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port

Discus and support Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, Not too long ago, I plugged in a creative sub woofer with a built in amplifier into my machine. The sub woofer is very old. During it being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RXCreeper13, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port

Hello all,

Not too long ago, I plugged in a creative sub woofer with a built in amplifier into my machine. The sub woofer is very old. During it being plugged in, My computer would blue screen a lot, It was plugged in for about 2 days before i unplugged it. My computer still blue screens but not as much (once every two days or so) and it is completely random when it will do it. When the blue screen shows up, The entire computer freezes when the percentage reaches 100. I checked the event viewer and I found my last error resulting from the blue screen. Here's the full details:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-15T11:39:12.785670000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>100145</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-G03AN5O</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">30</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffffffc0000005</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff801cd4a9188</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xffffffffffffffff</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

I have some idea as to what this all means but i'm not sure how to diagnose it. Does anyone know what this log means? Have I damaged my motherboard or do I just need to replace some damaged files? Any help is appreciated.

:)

RXCreeper13, Dec 15, 2018

2. Speaker works when plugged into computer but not subwoofer

Hi,

To further isolate your concern, we'd just like to clarify the following information:

• Have you tried using the Subwoofer with different speakers?
    • Have you tried plugging the speakers and the Subwoofer on different laptop or PC?

Looking forward for any information that you may provide.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 15, 2018
  3. marcusxu Win User
    Speaker works when plugged into computer but not subwoofer

No I can't find another set of speakers but I have tried plugging the subwoofer+speakers into a different computer and a stereo system, both with the same results; really quiet but both functional without subwoofer but one is not working with the subwoofer.

marcusxu, Dec 15, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port

New computer build - No speaker or headphones were plugged in

Yep meaning also the wires in the case for front panel were connected correctly to the motherboard too ?
    If the wires from the case are connected correctly to the motherboards Audio when you plug in headphones you have to go to Sounds and make it the default device to hear it. I never plugged speakers in this front jack usually marked Headphones. See in my pictures the headphone icon enabled but not set to default yet.

Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port [​IMG]

If you connecting headphones to the Sound device input then it will be within the Realtek software you make the switch, believe you using integrated sound device i would have to look again at the connections.

For speakers since only 2.1, Stereo Speakers plus a Subwoofer i assume, green connector is used for the Stereo Speakers and orange or black for the Subwoofer.

jds63, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port

1. Blue Screen after plugging a subwoofer into my computer via headphone port - Similar Threads - Blue Screen plugging

2. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  3. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  4. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Got a Blue Screen when i plugged my iPhone into a USB port to charge it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Blue Screen when i plugged my iPhone into a USB port to charge it: Today i plugged my iPhone into my laptop for the first time on my new MSI computer. It seemed OK. Gave me the auto-play pop up which I closed since i was only charging it. Soon after i received a blue screen that told me something went wrong and Windows would restart. It got...
  6. once Plug in headphones happen blue screen

once Plug in headphones happen blue screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U4atfMTsDVzROQGqwAeCGGEXgO6uGzuy/view?usp=sharingthanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/once-plug-in-headphones-happen-blue-screen/1e80b586-e859-4821-baaa-8bf231b1094e
  7. Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port: Hi All! Hi I have a powered CalDigit T3+ Hub plugged into the Thunderbolt port of an Intel NUC9i9QNX with a Thunderbolt cable. When the computer Windows 10 goes into sleep mode, the blue light on the dock goes off, and the keyboard plugged into it is unable to wake the...
  8. Internal microphone no longer working after headphones were plugged in via USB-C port

Internal microphone no longer working after headphones were plugged in via USB-C port: As the title suggest, my internal microphone no longer works and I believe it is no longer recognized after I plugged in headphones into a hub that was plugged into USB-C port. Any suggestions?...
  9. Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.: My computer blue screens when I plug in my headphones. This usually happens when there is a video or audio file playing. It is a Windows 10 HP 15. Is there a fix for this? Do I need a new computer? Why is it that a computer from 2015 is so behind it's time that it just...
  10. Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when plugging in headphones: I'm having this issue with the blue screen and headphone jack. Every time I plug in my headphones my computer asks what I plug in and I select "HiFi headphones" and right as soon I hit okay, I get the blue screen. Every time. I get the code and it says...